Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn Fabric - Quilter's Choice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joann-fabric-quilters-choice-t60759.html)

Twisted Quilter 08-22-2010 08:59 AM

I had to go past a JoAnn's that is near my grocery store so I decided to pop in. They had Quilter's Choice fabric on sale for $1.99, reg. $3.99! Some were thin, others were a lot better. At first the clerk cutting said that it was only the one's on the circular rack. Then I pointed to the sign on the wall. After checking they were on sale too.

If you use Quilter's Choice, make sure to check thru the Keepsake Calico's. I found a couple in there too.

Now I'm a happy camper!

craftybear 08-22-2010 09:01 AM

good job pointing out the sign,

AbbyQuilts 08-22-2010 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
I had to go past a JoAnn's that is near my grocery store so I decided to pop in. They had Quilter's Choice fabric on sale for $1.99, reg. $3.99! Some were thin, others were a lot better. At first the clerk cutting said that it was only the one's on the circular rack. Then I pointed to the sign on the wall. After checking they were on sale too.

If you use Quilter's Choice, make sure to check thru the Keepsake Calico's. I found a couple in there too.

Now I'm a happy camper!

Have they always had this?

I dont remember noticing it before unless its not distinguishable from keepsake calico.
If its new are they trying to fill a market when Walmart pulled out of the game?

mygirl66 08-22-2010 09:06 AM

I went to JAF for something, and found that too! The same here Twisted, some were really thin, others were really nice! I went thru them, and when I was done, I had 25 bolts in my cart! I only got half a yard of each tho, my stash is ready to blow the roof off of the house now! But I just couldnt pass em up! I can do alot with a half yard!
10"- layer cake
5"- charm squares
3"- jelly roll with an attitude (since they are normally 2.5")
Then I can send em to my quilting friends without breaking the bank!

Twisted Quilter 08-22-2010 09:10 AM

I got all 2 yards because I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. On all four bolts there was only a 1/4 to a 1/2 yard left. I thought they were suppose to ask if you wanted it at 50% off. Has anyone else heard of this?

Twisted Quilter 08-22-2010 09:21 AM

Have they always had this?

I dont remember noticing it before unless its not distinguishable from keepsake calico.
If its new are they trying to fill a market when Walmart pulled out of the game?[/quote]

You have to look at the sticker on the end of the bolt. Most Quilter Choice's had blue labels, others were white like Keepsake. Take your glasses!

jayelee 08-22-2010 11:51 AM

They always give me whats left if it is under a yard for 50% off at our Joanns The other day I asked for half of a yard and ended up with 34 inches for half off on top of my half of a yard I can do alot of minis with that much material

susiequilt 08-22-2010 03:49 PM

At my Joannes if you ask for 1 yard and there is anything less than a yard left on the bolt you can get it for 75% off if you ask. They don't ask you so I've stopped them from cutting if I notice a little left on the bolt.

UglyCook 08-22-2010 03:50 PM

They always offer the rest to me at a discount. They've talked me into extra MANY times! LOL

CarrieAnne 08-22-2010 04:07 PM

Thanks!