Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: JoAnn Fabric - Quilter's Choice

I had to go past a JoAnn's that is near my grocery store so I decided to pop in. They had Quilter's Choice fabric on sale for $1.99, reg. $3.99! Some were thin, others were a lot better. At first the clerk cutting said that it was only the one's on the circular rack. Then I pointed to the sign on the wall. After checking they were on sale too.

If you use Quilter's Choice, make sure to check thru the Keepsake Calico's. I found a couple in there too.

Now I'm a happy camper!

Blog Entries
    good job pointing out the sign,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    I had to go past a JoAnn's that is near my grocery store so I decided to pop in. They had Quilter's Choice fabric on sale for $1.99, reg. $3.99! Some were thin, others were a lot better. At first the clerk cutting said that it was only the one's on the circular rack. Then I pointed to the sign on the wall. After checking they were on sale too.

If you use Quilter's Choice, make sure to check thru the Keepsake Calico's. I found a couple in there too.

Now I'm a happy camper!

Have they always had this?

I dont remember noticing it before unless its not distinguishable from keepsake calico.
    If its new are they trying to fill a market when Walmart pulled out of the game?

I went to JAF for something, and found that too! The same here Twisted, some were really thin, others were really nice! I went thru them, and when I was done, I had 25 bolts in my cart! I only got half a yard of each tho, my stash is ready to blow the roof off of the house now! But I just couldnt pass em up! I can do alot with a half yard!
    10"- layer cake
    5"- charm squares
    3"- jelly roll with an attitude (since they are normally 2.5")
    Then I can send em to my quilting friends without breaking the bank!

I got all 2 yards because I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. On all four bolts there was only a 1/4 to a 1/2 yard left. I thought they were suppose to ask if you wanted it at 50% off. Has anyone else heard of this?

Have they always had this?

I dont remember noticing it before unless its not distinguishable from keepsake calico.
    If its new are they trying to fill a market when Walmart pulled out of the game?[/quote]

You have to look at the sticker on the end of the bolt. Most Quilter Choice's had blue labels, others were white like Keepsake. Take your glasses!

They always give me whats left if it is under a yard for 50% off at our Joanns The other day I asked for half of a yard and ended up with 34 inches for half off on top of my half of a yard I can do alot of minis with that much material

At my Joannes if you ask for 1 yard and there is anything less than a yard left on the bolt you can get it for 75% off if you ask. They don't ask you so I've stopped them from cutting if I notice a little left on the bolt.

They always offer the rest to me at a discount. They've talked me into extra MANY times! LOL

Thanks!

Yes I went in for thread and stabelizer and bought some of the better 1.99 stuff for a backing of a quilt...but some is very thin,,,you have to feel..

From what I've noticed, I think the Quilter's Choice fabric is new as of maybe the past 6-8 months?

There are three Joann's near me. Two of the three always offer discounts is there's a yard or so left on the bolt. The other store (the once closest to me, like 7 minutes away!) - only once did they do that.

TWISTED QUILTER....you displayed a wonderful jeans quilt with strips of black, light tan, edging square blocks. I have made dozens of jean quilts and would enjoy making some with similar design! My question is, how do you manage the many, many seams after you have joined them? How do you keep them from making bumps and ridges?
    I always use very light cotton batting and sew a nice material to back the quilt. The majority I have made are for charities.
    Thank you for your help

I was told to use 1/2" seams to help reduce the bulk. Seems to have worked.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the hint.....
    The quilt you made is absolutely awesome!

Babbie

about 2 degrees north of H-E-double hockey sticks
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
    I got all 2 yards because I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. On all four bolts there was only a 1/4 to a 1/2 yard left. I thought they were suppose to ask if you wanted it at 50% off. Has anyone else heard of this?
    Yes! Anything less than 1 yd on the bolt is considered a remnant and most of the clerks at the Super JoAnn's in Columbia, MD offer it to you at a 50% discount. However, don't even think about clerks doing it willingly in some stores. I had a clerk be extremely rude when I asked about it in a NM store. Needless to say, whenever I visit MD I hit JAF. :thumbup: