Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joanns Coupons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-coupons-t64388.html)

tooMuchFabric 09-12-2010 08:30 PM

Oh, newsprint. I hadn't thought of that.
I will see what they want for it here local.
Thanks!!

skydiver70 09-12-2010 08:34 PM

Alos, even if you buy something that's not on sale and can use the coupon, be sure to give them the highest price item first with the coupon or they will give you the 40% discount on the lowest price item, even if it is a spool of thread.

weezie 09-12-2010 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
Alos, even if you buy something that's not on sale and can use the coupon, be sure to give them the highest price item first with the coupon or they will give you the 40% discount on the lowest price item, even if it is a spool of thread.

My neighborhood Joann's now has their computer system to where it automatically takes off the highest coupon % from the highest priced item. Also, it processes correctly all the purchases & all the coupons on one receipt/transaction & rejects any coupons that cannot be used for whatever reason, so I am rather amazed that all Joann's stores are not using the same computer system.

kapatt 09-13-2010 07:05 AM

First of all....I Like the Coupons! I also like the sales!

JoAnns *doesn't* have to give coupons. They don't have to have sales. Getting a coupon; or for them to have sales for me to go to is not "a right" of life. It is a courtesy that they provide. (Thank you JoAnns.)

So what if I can't shop the sales with the coupons. I'm still getting a discount from JoAnns if I shop the sales. I'm still getting a discount if I use the coupons when they don't have sales.

I get my coupons in 3 different ways. I've signed up for the online coupons. I receive a JoAnn's flyer in every Sunday paper and they send a flyer to my mail box. I don't use all of those coupons but I use a good portion of them.

I must be lucky because the store closes to me is a friendly store where they will take all 3 coupons in the same transaction as long as it is going on a non-sale item.
They are also friendly at the cutting table and are very helpful.

For years, I couldn't afford the material at the lqs and it has been JoAnns fabric stores that have made it possible for me to stretch my money the most while the children were growing up. Now that they are out of college, I do some of my shopping at the lqs for material but I still check JoAnns for everything else.

Again...I want to thank JoAnns for the coupons and the sales that they provide.

:thumbup:

weezie 09-13-2010 07:20 AM

Yes! You took the words right out of my mouth, even to describing the personnel at my local Joann's!

Originally Posted by kapatt

JoAnns *doesn't* have to give coupons. They don't have to have sales. Getting a coupon; or for them to have sales for me to go to is not "a right" of life. It is a courtesy that they provide. (Thank you JoAnns.)

So what if I can't shop the sales with the coupons. I'm still getting a discount from JoAnns if I shop the sales. I'm still getting a discount if I use the coupons when they don't have sales.

I get my coupons in 3 different ways. I've signed up for the online coupons. I receive a JoAnn's flyer in every Sunday paper and they send a flyer to my mail box. I don't use all of those coupons but I use a good portion of them.

I must be lucky because the store closes to me is a friendly store where they will take all 3 coupons in the same transaction as long as it is going on a non-sale item.

For years, I couldn't afford the material at the lqs and it has been JoAnns fabric stores that have made it possible for me to stretch my money the most while the children were growing up. Now that they are out of college, I do some of my shopping at the lqs for material but I still check JoAnns for everything else.

plainpat 09-13-2010 07:32 AM

Kathy, I'm the same way.Our Joanns is great. Busy during sales, but that's to be expected.I buy flusible fleece with coupons,sewing notions,any quilt book or pattern needed.

Also like just wandering around the Joanns super store in the city to see what's new.I keep in mind what the difference in price would be (with or without coupons) at the local LQS.No comparsion.I'm glad to have Joanns.JMO

buslady 09-13-2010 09:05 AM

I think it is a strategy. You can buy anythign, as long as it is not on sale, so if they don't want it to be 40% off, they put it on sale. I just know that is the way it works and am glad for whatever discount I can get. I use as many coupons as I can, if don 't really "need" something right now I buy thread or grommets or some other item I know will come in handy latedr. My delemma is that if I do need something and don't have a coupon, and it is not on sale, I just HATE to pay full price!! I try to support my LQS, but use Joannes a LOT!

nativetexan 09-13-2010 09:51 AM

the coupons must be different. color and bar code.
but lots of fabric stores say you can't use your 40% coupon on fabric that is already on discount. and magazines are put 10% off so can't use a coupon on those either. must frustrating.

Magdalena 09-13-2010 10:08 AM

Beverly Fabrics and Hancock Fabric welcome Joann's Coupons where I live in Central Valley, Ca. It's a win win situation for me.

justwannaquilt 09-13-2010 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by kapatt

A FREAKING MEN!

I have said it before and I will say it again! If you don't like Joann's or the coupons they provide then please, save a tree and unsubscribe yourself from their mailing list. They WILL stop sending you fliers!

Now to answer the OP, yes you can use more than one coupon at a time. As long as the coupons all have different UPC numbers (the numbers under the bar code) HOWEVER, you can only use ONE coupon per ITEM! UNLESS you have a % off entire purchase, then you can use whatever other coupons you have and then use the % off the entire purchase!