Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joann's was crazy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-crazy-t169808.html)

levada 11-25-2011 01:28 PM

Joann's was crazy!

I just couldn't resist the flannels at $1.49 a yard and headed to my local Joann's. The good news is that they had plenty of flannel for the sale. The bad news is that the store was so crowded had to stand in line for an hour and a half just to get the flannel cut.

Of course had to get other quilting goodies while I was there...lol...but everything was on sale. I spent $26 and SAVED $92!!! wow! I think it was worth the wait. Had a blast chatting and laughing with the other ladies in line, too.

It is the only "black friday" I go for...

Did anyone else go to Joann's?

indymta 11-25-2011 01:34 PM

I have been to Joann's on Black Friday and said never again. I spend a lot of time on my feet so the idea of standing in line for an hour just doesn't do it for me. Guess if I REALLY wanted a big ticket item....But I can't argue with saving $92. I took advantage of the warmer temps here in the midwest and got my outside Christmas lights in place.

Jan in FL 11-25-2011 01:37 PM

I did! I SAVED $302 and spent $176...i bought rolls of batting - 50% off then another 25% off total purchase! I got 10 yards of white, 10 yards of off white and almost 9 yards of black.....I had so much fun! I got a couple of those ten drawer rolling carts and some odds and ends too...

susie-susie-susie 11-25-2011 01:49 PM

I went today. Each time I go to a Black Friday sale, I say never again, but I go!! I spent $25.00 and saved $23.00. Not as good as many of you, but I'm satisfied. Had to wait in a very long line to get my fabric cut and it took about 1 1/2 hours. Then it was on to pay. That took another 45 min. More time standing in line than shopping. They were really good about putting the fabrics back on the shelves. Some ladies couldn't fit another bolt of fabric into their carts. A lot of fleece was leaving to store.
Sue

kerrym38 11-25-2011 01:53 PM

I did not go to any Black Friday sale. Sounds like you got a great deal though! I hate the crowds, pushing, shoving and craziness, so I stay away.

Camping Angel 11-25-2011 02:05 PM

I did not go to Joanns today. Having one of those time of trying "not buying anything until..." Our Joanns is good about having people take a number from cut counter and then doing your shopping. They call numbers over loud speaker, but if you don't show up after the second call they will go on to the next number. Reduces most of the waiting in line at the cut counter.

Julie in WA 11-25-2011 02:11 PM

I went to Joanns! In fact, I hit TWO Joanns! It was kind of busy, but I pick up a couple of quilt magazines and leaf through them while standing in line! Not a big spender, though. I bought two small pieces of fabric for $5.19 and saved $6.58!

Lori S 11-25-2011 02:16 PM

I bought a whole roll of batting , Warm and Natural. Got to avoid the extreme cutting counter wait , as the stock boy went and got the cutting slip you need to check out. In and out in under 10 minutes , back in bed by 6:30AM.

JoanneS 11-25-2011 02:18 PM

I bought a bolt of Warm & Natural on 50% sale, plus the 25% off. It was worth waiting in line! Also found Fiscars nippers @60% 0ff, then the 25% off. Ditto adhesive spray @ 50% off + the 25%. They were stamping our 25% off everything coupon when we entered the store,so it didn't matter if we didn't get to the registers bfore noon. Nice!

ontheriver 11-25-2011 02:19 PM

No shopping for me today, can't stand crowds. I did buy a roll of batting online last week with 50% off coupon code.