Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnns honoring other stores coupons (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-honoring-other-stores-coupons-t136143.html)

emsgranny 07-08-2011 01:54 PM

I finall tried this at our JoAnns in Jefferson City - unfortunately its just not true - at least not at this store - I had a 40% Hobby Lobby, 40% JoAnns 40% Michaels plus a michaels for 20% off entire purchase including sales items.

They wouldnt take the 20% but would give me a 15% (why I am not sure) the only 40% they wanted to give me was theirs - they said unless it specifies that fabric or item (the other store has to carry same fabric according to them) Of course they did end up giving me one of them but kept all my coupons!!!

All this was explained to me, when I took my items back the next day because I had bought some red tag items that rang up at the normal price not the 50% off they were on sale for - also they had charged me full price on an end of bolt fabric. When I mentioned that they didnt give me all three coupons they said they should have only honored the one from them - I told them its false advertising (I didnt make any friends that day lol) I returned the piece of regular priced fabric that I felt should have had the 40% off and she wanted to know why - well I said (while picking up one of their flyers off the desk) why would I pay full price today when I can come in on saturday and get 50% off!!! Told her she wouldnt have to do it if she honored the 40% (didnt want to have to go in again for awhile) but she refused.,

When I got home I called a nearby store - 35 miles away - and explained to them what I had - they said they would honor the coupons as stated in their advertisements - we shall see - I may go in tonite since my coupons expire tonite.

I appreciate you letting me vent - has anyone else had this problem before?

Favorite Fabrics 07-08-2011 01:57 PM

I think our local JoAnns does honor competitors' coupons... but I have never taken advantage of that policy.

It seems somehow "icky" that Hancock's could dictate the sales at JoAnns (or vice versa). I know that JoAnns didn't HAVE to say that they would take other stores' coupons; they CHOSE to make that policy... but it still feels somehow wrong to me.

I'm probably strange...

donnajean 07-08-2011 01:59 PM

Our JoAnns honors the 40 or 50% off coupons from other stores, but not the 20% off total purchase if it is not their coupon. I've learned to watch closely as things are rung up. If they don't use a coupon, they should return it to you.

rivka 07-08-2011 02:16 PM

Our local Joann's doesn't honor other store's coupons. I get tons of Joann's coupons, but can almost never use them, since stuff is already on sale.

butterflies5518 07-08-2011 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by rivka
Our local Joann's doesn't honor other store's coupons. I get tons of Joann's coupons, but can almost never use them, since stuff is already on sale.

The ones I visit do not honor others either and coupon's are tricky to use. I did start a topic today - Jo-Ann's sent me an email for an online survey and you can sign up for a $50 gift card drawing monthly. Maybe they are starting to take an interest in those that visit their stores.

carolaug 07-08-2011 02:37 PM

I had a 10.00 off coupon from another store and they honored it...at first they said no...and I had them get their manager...Yup...they took it.

jdiane318 07-08-2011 02:44 PM

Our Joann's honors other competitor's coupons, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's so long as it has not expired. Business isn't the greatest, better to accept another's coupons than lose an entire sale.

jmabby 07-08-2011 02:48 PM

Because I have had problems with JoAnns I use their coupons at other stores and not buy froom them - win win for me

carolaug 07-08-2011 02:52 PM

I am use Joannes for their frey check, fusible, rulers...I am beginning to stay away from their fabric...I would rather pay a bit more for LQS fabric...or find a good deal at a consignment shop for a better quality fabric.

Nanamoms 07-08-2011 03:03 PM

Not Joanne's but I was just going over my Hancock's receipt where I had a 15% off total amount. I noticed that I didn't get 15% off the item that I used my 40% coupon on. The register did it automatically and instead of taking the 15% off the total amount, it deducted 15% off "each" item. I know registers are set up to calculate different ways but this seems misleading to me. I'm going to take my receipt back in and ask them why I didn't get the 15% off the 40% coupon item. It was the Senior Citizen discount and did not specify any exemptions...just said 15% off total order. I know it's a little amount but every bit counts in this economy. It might even mean that I can spend MORE with them.