Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn's Sale (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-sale-t214119.html)

Pollytink 02-17-2013 09:32 PM

JoAnn's Sale

Did anyone go online and buy anything? I got an email today about their big Presidents Day Sale.....1cent shipping, 15% off, 50% off one item, etc.... Well, the 1cent shipping got me...I never buy from them online because of shipping. I spent the whole afternoon putting together an order. At one point I had $50.06 and when checking out, realized I could use only one of those specals! Darn! If you go into a store you can use more than one but not online. So I spent most of the time trying to decide what to get and what not! I knew I wanted some of the self-threading needles and found a Clover Water Soluble marker in white....I like their blue one and wanted a white one, tried their set of water soluble pencils and another blue marker. A couple of Pigma pens....and discovered after I ordered that I got one the wrong size! Had some stencils on the list then narrowed it down to one-an allover stipple one but at checkout it was out of stock! Had a book of labels and took it off; had the Pedal Stay down but looked up some reviews and took it off--mixed reviews-some said it worked and some didn't. I was trying to be frugal but will prob regret it. Some of the specials are good through tomorrow and some through the 23rd. My whole order was only about $25 but because most of the stuff was 50% off, I saved almost $20, which wasn't bad. One could say that I'm a cheapskate!!

JulieR 02-18-2013 06:07 AM

Sounds like a good deal to me! I'm resisting the urge, but it keeps calling me in...

dunster 02-18-2013 07:26 AM

This is just a thought... If you phone in your order, instead of doing it online, you might be able to use a coupon and the 1 cent shipping too. I don't know that for sure, but... one year I was ordering some batting that was already 50% off, and there were coupons for $$ off your entire purchase (amount depended on how big your purchase was) and for free shipping. I was trying to do the purchase online, but it was during the holidays, and I couldn't get online, so I called. I placed the order and got the free shipping AND the $$ off.

trennag 02-18-2013 08:48 AM

I ordered on Saturday. I thought I could use the 15% off and the free shipping... but no :( I ended up keying in each code and seeing what saved me the most. I used the free shipping then went to my local store and used the 15% off. Over all I saved $20, I can live with that. :)

Chasing Hawk 02-18-2013 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by trennag (Post 5870158)
I ordered on Saturday. I thought I could use the 15% off and the free shipping... but no :( I ended up keying in each code and seeing what saved me the most. I used the free shipping then went to my local store and used the 15% off. Over all I saved $20, I can live with that. :)

But your 20% was burned up with the gas your car used to get you there. :)

trennag 02-18-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 5870191)
But your 20% was burned up with the gas your car used to get you there. :)

It is less then 5 minutes away ;) I didn't that much gas :)

Gladys 02-18-2013 09:22 AM

Be careful when you purchase their in store specials. I have a friend and she watches carefully at the register and every time she is over charged. Bless her heart. She has the worst luck!

NanaCsews2 02-18-2013 09:41 AM

I just tried to order a large amt of muslin. I could not use my 50% coupon for online shopping that I received in the mail. When submitting, it kept saying the code has expired. The date is valid for Feb. 17 - 23, 2013. And I am real sure today falls in those dates. The code is WJPN054-has anyone else been able to use that? I personally would like to see them change their ways and allow more than one promo code too. Right now, I would like to use the 50% coupon, they are giving 15% off total orders, and they have the 1 cent shipping. Mu DH also qualifies for military discount, so would be 20%. Wouldn't that be grand if we could use them all at the same time (Kinda like Kohl's does....)One would think they would have a better fan base and be swamped with orders. Or maybe they don't want that. Oh well, on to Connecting Threads and/or elsewhere to see what bargains I can find.

nygal 02-18-2013 09:44 AM

I just went to their store and got some yarn and a baby knitting blanket book. Store wasn't crowded at all. I enjoyed taking my time looking around. I was able to use three coupons..two 50% off ones and one 40% off one. I had my 9yr. old Granddaugther with me and she "shopped" with one of the coupons.

Teeler 02-18-2013 09:53 AM

2 battings for my UFOs, shipped to my doorstep for a penny...that totally beats the gas! Should have gotten other things, but stuff's always on sale there, so will get it when I need it.
Oh, actually, I wanted to ask about the larger cutting mats...I know this may be a personal preference thing, but is the Olfa 24x36 self-healing mat any better than the Fiskars? I like my Fiskars, but really could use a bigger one than the 12x18 that I have now.