Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Joanns VIP Card ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joanns-vip-card-t152653.html)

SunlitenSmiles 09-14-2011 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
Our local store was flooded when hurricane Irene came and I have withdrawals. I would have to travel close to 100 miles to the next JoAnn's to use my coupons. Border's also went out of business, so no more browsing the quilt magazines. I'm sorry for being such a cry baby. There are many people that are suffering a lot more than this because of the hurricane.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
sure there are others suffering loss...but you have every right to your feelings also......

Daylesewblessed 09-14-2011 04:58 AM

The V.I.P. card can also be acquired by people who sew or quilt for charity. I enrolled my mother by simply telling them that she is a member of a group at church that makes quilts for charity. Also, I know that friends who make blankets for Project Linus can get the V.I.P. card, and there is no Linus membership card to show as proof.

It is true that the V.I.P. card does not work with sale items. I wish it worked on remnants. However, when batting by the yard is on sale for 50% off, it is great to be able to add that extra discount. Same for fleece and flannel at their Black Friday sale.

Also, many people are eligible for the 15% teacher discount card and are not teachers in traditional schools. If you teach classes in your guild or lead groups of children in 4-H, after-school projects, Sunday School, Project Linus work sessions, etc., you may qualify. It may depend on how liberal your local Joann's manager is in defining "teacher."

Joann's is a major resource for me, but jumping through the hoops on their coupon/sale/discount card policy certainly provides me with enough exercise!

Krystyna 09-14-2011 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
Our local store was flooded when hurricane Irene came and I have withdrawals. I would have to travel close to 100 miles to the next JoAnn's to use my coupons. Border's also went out of business, so no more browsing the quilt magazines. I'm sorry for being such a cry baby. There are many people that are suffering a lot more than this because of the hurricane.

I miss Border's too. Let's cry together.

rvsfan 09-14-2011 05:08 AM

The only time the VIP card cannot be used is when you are purchasing just one item, because the card is good for your TOTAL purchase and they consider one item not to be a total I guess. And yes you can use it for items already on sale and if you had your 40% off coupon. Just have to buy more then one item.

nursie76 09-14-2011 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan
The only time the VIP card cannot be used is when you are purchasing just one item, because the card is good for your TOTAL purchase and they consider one item not to be a total I guess. And yes you can use it for items already on sale and if you had your 40% off coupon. Just have to buy more then one item.

How interesting....I sometimes go in for 1 spool of the thread I like. If it isn't on sale, I use the coupon, if it is, I use my VIP card. They use it on just one item....must vary by store. When you check out, with one item or more, at the bottom of your slip it says "total" therefore, one item is a total order...IMHO

Grandma Libby 09-14-2011 05:29 AM

Yeah, I thought that little VIP card was going to be great, but found it doesn't help much at all. Maybe it's just me but...

qbquilts 09-14-2011 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by rvsfan

Not true. I've used the card plenty of times on just one item.

QuiltnLady1 09-14-2011 05:32 AM

Our store used to ring up the 20% discount on everything, then they upgraded the checkout and now it is only rung up on things that I do not use the coupons on. When I asked about this, I was told the new software was more restrictive follows the letter of what is printed on the coupon. Very frustrating.

Murphy1 09-14-2011 05:38 AM

We have a store called Beverly's that has the best selection of fabric. I really appreciate that they give 30% off using the JoAnn coupons. I use Joann's for batting and the quilting tools, but as someone earlier mentioned, they tag so much as already on sale, the coupons are useless. We will be getting a Joann's in our town at the end of September, I will see if I like it any better having it closer.

mjsylvstr 09-14-2011 05:42 AM

In our Joann's, the VIP card is used on sale or regular items but cannot be used when a coupon has already been applied to the sale of an item.

Been there, done that..........