Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Judy Neimeyer quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/judy-neimeyer-quilts-t93483.html)

Aully 08-10-2011 09:31 AM

I would love to try her patterns and kits, they just look so dificult for a newbie like myself. I have also never doner paper piecing.

Do you prefer to buy her kits or just the patterns? Are her kits all precut fabric?

I wish there was a quilt shop in Calgary that sold her patterns and was certified teacher, I would love to take a class.

SuzyQ 08-10-2011 09:38 AM

Linda, love the quilt!

Susan

Bobbinchick 08-10-2011 04:23 PM

I ordered the Glacier Star pattern last week and waiting on it to come so I can go get copies made of the foudation pieces before I try the quilt. I want to have the extra copies in case of a mistake or some thing and who know? I may want to make another one too. I printed out a picture of the finished quilt from her site and this way I can look in my stash for colors. So far I have maroon, blues and greens and the like so it will be a beauty. I just hope it all goes good. Looking forward to getting and starting mine. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay......P.S. I did go to her site and printed out the corrections she has on this pattern and I will have that when I need it.

bamamama 08-10-2011 04:24 PM

I have "Raindrops" but have not done it yet. I was planning to do it for my son for Christmas but if I don't get going really soon, it will never be finished on time.

zkosh 08-15-2011 01:48 AM

I have one that I am going to start as soon as I get some of my UFOs out of the way. I love her designs, but I plan to use the freezer paper method to do mine. I'll check in later to tell you how it's going. :-)

zennia 08-15-2011 01:59 AM

Never done one of her patterns but I love the pic of Lindas quilt.

zennia 08-15-2011 02:09 AM

I just went and looked at some of her patterns. They are beautiful. Good luck with yours.

whinnytoo 08-15-2011 03:20 AM

I love her patterns and am currently working on Amazon Star.
It will take me some time, but well worth the effort!

Bobbinchick 08-15-2011 06:04 AM

I've got the first two techniques done on my Glacier Star quilt and it is going so well. Now on the technique 3 and it is the lone star part. I got the floating geese for the lone star done yesterday and it went nice and smooth. Got the NYB blocks done with in 3 days. So some of the techniques take longer than others. But almost half done is pretty good. When it took my 2 months to make the lone star that is my avatar. I usually don't think about how I'm going to quilt it until I have it done and then I audition diffrent template and stencils for quilting on it to see what fits and such. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay

zkosh 08-15-2011 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
I've got the first two techniques done on my Glacier Star quilt and it is going so well. Now on the technique 3 and it is the lone star part. I got the floating geese for the lone star done yesterday and it went nice and smooth. Got the NYB blocks done with in 3 days. So some of the techniques take longer than others. But almost half done is pretty good. When it took my 2 months to make the lone star that is my avatar. I usually don't think about how I'm going to quilt it until I have it done and then I audition diffrent template and stencils for quilting on it to see what fits and such. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay

That's the one I want to do next. I'm glad to hear it is going well. I start back to school tomorrow and the kids come next week so I have no idea when I will be able to start. :-)