Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Judy Neimeyer quilts

I was thinking about doing one of her quilts. Has anyone done one of them? How did you like it? I love foundation quilting. thanks

Yes, I've done one quilt and have another pattern to do someday. I also did a tree skirt pattern - The Twisted Star. The quilt I did is in the picture below and was relatively easy -- a good project for someone not too experienced with paper piecing (this was my first one). The other pattern I have is the Bali Wedding Star which I expect to be more complicated but exciting to do.

If you get one of her patterns, I would strongly urge you to go to the 'corrections' page on her web site to see if any apply to the pattern you purchased. Good luck and enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've done her patterns and they are great! I like that you get the foundation papers in with the pattern you buy. And the designs turn out so well~

Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL. I have never done paper piecing.

Beautiful quilt. I think the Bali Wedding Star is the one I want to do. I was going to do the small one for the end of the bed. Thanks

I have done a couple of her patterns they are great and turn out just lovely

Blog Entries
    My sister was just telling me about these. She's done one and has several others.

very pretty..like to pp :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiemae
    Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL. I have never done paper piecing.
    You must try it. I thought it would be difficult, but if I can be successful, anyone can. It is nice to know everything will line up. (Just be careful where things will unfold to. Rippit! Rippit!)

I'm in the middle of Japanese Fan and think I'm over my head!!! Fortunately I have a quilt shop I can go to for help.

Hey Linda, What a fabulous quilt! I have one of those patterns waiting to be made...Thankd for the inspiration!
    Karen in La.

Always wondered about PP. Is it a pain taking the paper off?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have taken classes with Judy and even if you know how to Paper piece they are not for the faint of heart!
    I am workin on drunkards wave and have the Celtic star in mind next!

YOu will buy tons of fabric to do her quilts and will have tons of leftover bits to use in another quilt!

I suggest you start with something easy before attempting the bali wedding star....

IF you ever screw up your paper though, simply call the shop and they will send out replacements free!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    not if you do it correctly. Judy's paper comes off easy and she suggests using a Microtex 70 needle and 50 or 60 wt thread..all play a very important role in make paper removal quick and easy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by knlsmith
    Not if you use really small stitches. I used regular printer paper, then just gave the squares a gentle twist and smoosh action, paper came right off.

very nice pattern

My sister and I have made a couple of Judy Neimeyer quilts. They are a bit tedious, but what you get in the end is so absolutely fabulous, that it is worth the work! It was really nice working with my sister--if there was any question about the pattern, we worked it out together.

I love Judy Neimeyer patterns and am currently working on her Amazon Star. LOTS of paper piecing but its my weakness!

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I made her "Fourth of July" quilt (and finished it!) I loved her method! She gives you "template" sheets for cutting out your fabrics. These pieces are very generous. I took everything to Staples and made copies of them because, you will need to and because I didn't want to use up everything - just in case I wanted to make another one! The pages are 11" x 17" - not a home printer size sheet of paper.

Everything went together very nicely. Would make another one of hers, if I could find the time! :)

I love Judy's patterns, i have done her crossing arrow pattern and i'm working on the bali star. I like to recylce as much as i can so i print out the patterns on paper that comes in the UPS boxes its a brown packing paper. i iron out the wrinkels then cut it to size works well in the printer . and yes i have allot of little bits of fabric left over and for now i'm putting the snippets in a bad to use at a latter time.
    Small stitches are a must when PP.
    also PP quilts take time.. so enjoy the proccess

I would love to try her patterns and kits, they just look so dificult for a newbie like myself. I have also never doner paper piecing.

Do you prefer to buy her kits or just the patterns? Are her kits all precut fabric?

I wish there was a quilt shop in Calgary that sold her patterns and was certified teacher, I would love to take a class.

Linda, love the quilt!

Susan

I ordered the Glacier Star pattern last week and waiting on it to come so I can go get copies made of the foudation pieces before I try the quilt. I want to have the extra copies in case of a mistake or some thing and who know? I may want to make another one too. I printed out a picture of the finished quilt from her site and this way I can look in my stash for colors. So far I have maroon, blues and greens and the like so it will be a beauty. I just hope it all goes good. Looking forward to getting and starting mine. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay......P.S. I did go to her site and printed out the corrections she has on this pattern and I will have that when I need it.

I have "Raindrops" but have not done it yet. I was planning to do it for my son for Christmas but if I don't get going really soon, it will never be finished on time.

I have one that I am going to start as soon as I get some of my UFOs out of the way. I love her designs, but I plan to use the freezer paper method to do mine. I'll check in later to tell you how it's going. :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast