Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki 2010Q - Comments & Questions after first week of use. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-2010q-comments-questions-after-first-week-use-t290183.html)

Macybaby 08-08-2017 09:31 AM

About the oil hole. I marked it with a pen, and DH heated up a nail and melted a hole there for me. I was just thinking I should have him use something a bit larger and make it bigger for me.

maudeflanagan 08-08-2017 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7882169)
I'm really sad tonight. I went to try this machine out (actually, not the 2010Q but the newer model 2200 mini), but with my arthritic hands, I simply could not get the bobbin in with that awkward side orientation. It really seemed like the perfect machine for me, because I want a mechanical and don't need fancy stitches. Now I'm not sure what to consider next. The same store carries Baby Lock, but the mechanical Jazz has a very low throat, and the few reviews I was able to find were not good.

Have you considered a Singer 201? They are a nice straight stitch no-frills type machine with a drop-in bobbin. The weight of it may be an issue if are looking for something portable.

joe'smom 08-08-2017 11:07 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, maudeflanagan! I will look into it.

Onebyone 08-08-2017 12:17 PM

The awkward bobbin area seems to be in the high speed straight stitch machines. My Brother 1500 has a very awkward bobbin to get in and out. It's frustrating.

SusieQOH 08-08-2017 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by maudeflanagan (Post 7882621)
Have you considered a Singer 201? They are a nice straight stitch no-frills type machine with a drop-in bobbin. The weight of it may be an issue if are looking for something portable.

That's an awesome idea!! The 201 has a very large harp. It would be wonderful for quilting!

Chris Denno 08-11-2017 07:54 AM

The Singer 201 harp is 8"

"That's an awesome idea!! The 201 has a very large harp. It would be wonderful for quilting!"

joe'smom 08-11-2017 08:58 AM

It also seems to have the same kind of bobbin that I had trouble with on the Juki. All the powerhouse machines from each major brand use this kind of bobbin. *sigh*

Weezy Rider 08-11-2017 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom (Post 7884741)
It also seems to have the same kind of bobbin that I had trouble with on the Juki. All the powerhouse machines from each major brand use this kind of bobbin. *sigh*

So does a Featherweight have a side bobbin. The Juki might be the easiest to deal with since the cover folds up almost to the foot. I had to remove the bobbin cover on the Brother 1500 as I couldn't get at it. The Juki is sitting in a SewEzi table and no problems whatsoever.

cannyquilter 08-12-2017 04:25 AM

I'm back and I've bought one. A Juki TL 2200 QUP mini. I got £100 off the price and some extra bobbins, 10 in total. It's getting delivered on Wednesday . I also purchased machine quilter frame, just the 6ft but it has the capability of buying extra poles to extend it. shop.machinequilter.co.uk. I won't be getting that until about mid September and have the option of collecting it (about a 3 hour drive away) and she shows me how to set it up, get the tension correct and have a play for about 3 hours so I'm comfortable with how it works so "it doesn't just sit in the corner " quote from Martha lady who was selling the frames. I'm so looking forward to it, I had a little play with the set up and felt really comfortable so can't wait to get started. I'll be watching out for more posts to aid me. Thanks

SusieQOH 08-12-2017 04:42 AM

Canny, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have lots of fun! :)