Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki long arm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-long-arm-t216193.html)

Cindy1234 12-19-2013 12:25 PM

If anyone has a link to the users manuals I'd appreciat that, thanks.

Yarn or Fabric 12-24-2013 04:40 AM

Juki is also coming out with a 18" sit down machine this spring. The stand up machine is awesome and much cheaper than other framed systems so I'm sure their sit down will also be as nice. I have a sit down Lizzie which I do like but had that Juki been out when I purchased my machine, I probably would have jumped at it... I love my Juki 2000 so I'm sure that sit down would have found a nice home here...

flowerjoy 02-07-2014 04:46 AM

Hello everyone,
I bought a Juki 2200 6 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. I have been sewing for many years; quilting for 3 years. There is a DVD with instructions on setting up the machine - no problem. The instructional manual on how to actually use the machine is worthless! If there is a problem you have to call the technician which I also found to be effective half the time. I have had tension problems (I use Superior thread for long arms, 40 wt.). The "thread cutter" is useless - sometimes it cuts the thread when I touch the "thread cutter" icon but sometimes nothing happens; sometimes when I touch the "thread cutter" the needle starts (in place) at an incredible speed. When the "thread cutter" actually cuts it leaves the bobbin thread so short that the needle will not pick it up to begin sewing again so I have to stop the machine, remove the bobbin, pull the bobbin thread out a bit, reinsert the bobbin and start again. Needless to say I do not use the so-called "thread cutter". This brings another difficulty - it is very very difficult to bring the bobbin thread up to the top of the quilt in order to tie/bury the thread the old fashioned way.

The computer monitor has been changed already as it is not always reliable (sometimes it changed the stitch function/style by itself - mid quilting).

The wheels for the tracks have been changed but there is still difficulty to move the machine head in particular directions - diagonal movement away from my body meets with resistance.

Of course, there is one dealer in my vicinity but when I called for there help they were quite upset about these machines being sold online when they cannot get one for their store nor have they been trained on them as yet. So no help there. When they do get trained since I bought it online (from a reputable online sewing/longarm machine dealer) I must pay a service charge.

The frame is very substantial and has a dead bar which is helpful. Grace makes the frame and has been very cooperative. Grace has sent new lock brackets to me as the current "locks" for the rollers (which hold the fabric in place) often do not actually hold the fabric with any tension.

The salespeople do seem very knowledgeable, but .... if you need help you get a technician who takes you in circles. The technician's basic platform is that whatever is not functioning right with the machine is the users fault

So, if you get up in the morning happy that you now have a longarm quilting system to use - beware, especially if you buy this machine online. "Buyer Beware". The online group I purchased my Juki 2200 from does not accept returns if it has been delivered by freight. Of course, due to the weight, they are all delivered by freight.

Always, always, always, buy a longarm from a local dealer who will be responsible and has pride in his/her products.

mama's place 03-29-2018 08:12 AM

Uh Oh. Sounds like this might not be a great choice for the price!!