Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/juki-tl-2010q-guide-bar-even-feed-foot-t311448.html)

TaliaB919 06-20-2020 03:33 PM

Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot?

Hi everyone. I am about to purchase a Juki tl2010q, but I’ve noticed one strange missing option - the even feed/walking foot that comes with the machine does not seem to come with a guide bar, and does not seem to have a hole to insert a guide bar. There is a guide bar accessory made by Juki that screws onto the outside of the even feed foot, however this costs $45-$50 wherever I can find it for sale, which I think is astronomical for such a simple accessory. I do mostly straight line quilting and need a guide bar. Has anyone else that has a 2010q or one of the similar machines found a cheaper solution to this issue? Thank you all for your help!

Flyboy Jim 06-20-2020 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by TaliaB919 (Post 8395071)
Hi everyone. I am about to purchase a Juki tl2010q, but I’ve noticed one strange missing option - the even feed/walking foot that comes with the machine does not seem to come with a guide bar, and does not seem to have a hole to insert a guide bar. There is a guide bar accessory made by Juki that screws onto the outside of the even feed foot, however this costs $45-$50 wherever I can find it for sale, which I think is astronomical for such a simple accessory. I do mostly straight line quilting and need a guide bar. Has anyone else that has a 2010q or one of the similar machines found a cheaper solution to this issue? Thank you all for your help!

I have the TL-18QVP which is the latest version of the machine you're looking at buying. I just looked up the Juki Guide Bar Accessory that mounts on the Walking Foot. It actually came in my Accessory Package...........didn't ever know what it was and hadn't had a need for it yet. However............ I can see where it'll be really handy at times.

Jim

PS: The machine I have, has an additional adjustment that allows a person to raise the height of the pressor foot off the table when it's lowered. Really handy for quilt sandwiches.

Grey Lady 06-20-2020 08:55 PM

I have the 2010q. Yes, the quide bar, to me, was a bit pricey. And totally worth it.

Jingle 06-21-2020 10:10 AM

I have a straight stitch only Juki and all the accessories are expensive. If you need one you will have to pay the price or try to get one used.

Flyboy Jim 06-21-2020 10:48 AM

I was pretty impressed with the amount of accessories that came with my TL-18QVP.

Jim

SusieQOH 06-21-2020 11:03 AM

If you get that machine you will love it. I have one and it's a wonderful machine!
I don't use that feature though. I have a Bernina that I use more. But that Juki is the bomb!

Ariannaquilts 06-21-2020 08:21 PM

Aren’t Juki and Babylock accessories interchangeable? I have both types with the guide bar and without. I believe I have a Janome, Singer and the Babylock one. If it’s not the Juki and Babylock then perhaps you can use the one for the Janome. I know that the cost varied for them. Sometimes you can use universal items without damage. Good luck with finding something less expensive that will do what you need without the expense. I just thought of something my friend bought a Juki not the one you’re contemplating and it came with the walking foot. I don’t know why they include it with some machines and not others?