Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot? >

Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot?

Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot?

Old 06-20-2020, 03:33 PM

Question Juki TL-2010q - guide bar for even feed foot?

Hi everyone. I am about to purchase a Juki tl2010q, but I’ve noticed one strange missing option - the even feed/walking foot that comes with the machine does not seem to come with a guide bar, and does not seem to have a hole to insert a guide bar. There is a guide bar accessory made by Juki that screws onto the outside of the even feed foot, however this costs $45-$50 wherever I can find it for sale, which I think is astronomical for such a simple accessory. I do mostly straight line quilting and need a guide bar. Has anyone else that has a 2010q or one of the similar machines found a cheaper solution to this issue? Thank you all for your help!
Old 06-20-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by TaliaB919 View Post
Hi everyone. I am about to purchase a Juki tl2010q, but I’ve noticed one strange missing option - the even feed/walking foot that comes with the machine does not seem to come with a guide bar, and does not seem to have a hole to insert a guide bar. There is a guide bar accessory made by Juki that screws onto the outside of the even feed foot, however this costs $45-$50 wherever I can find it for sale, which I think is astronomical for such a simple accessory. I do mostly straight line quilting and need a guide bar. Has anyone else that has a 2010q or one of the similar machines found a cheaper solution to this issue? Thank you all for your help!

I have the TL-18QVP which is the latest version of the machine you're looking at buying. I just looked up the Juki Guide Bar Accessory that mounts on the Walking Foot. It actually came in my Accessory Package...........didn't ever know what it was and hadn't had a need for it yet. However............ I can see where it'll be really handy at times.

Jim

PS: The machine I have, has an additional adjustment that allows a person to raise the height of the pressor foot off the table when it's lowered. Really handy for quilt sandwiches.

Last edited by Flyboy Jim; 06-20-2020 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-20-2020, 08:55 PM

I have the 2010q. Yes, the quide bar, to me, was a bit pricey. And totally worth it.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

I have a straight stitch only Juki and all the accessories are expensive. If you need one you will have to pay the price or try to get one used.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:48 AM

I was pretty impressed with the amount of accessories that came with my TL-18QVP.

Jim
Old 06-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

If you get that machine you will love it. I have one and it's a wonderful machine!
I don't use that feature though. I have a Bernina that I use more. But that Juki is the bomb!
Old 06-21-2020, 08:21 PM

Aren’t Juki and Babylock accessories interchangeable? I have both types with the guide bar and without. I believe I have a Janome, Singer and the Babylock one. If it’s not the Juki and Babylock then perhaps you can use the one for the Janome. I know that the cost varied for them. Sometimes you can use universal items without damage. Good luck with finding something less expensive that will do what you need without the expense. I just thought of something my friend bought a Juki not the one you’re contemplating and it came with the walking foot. I don’t know why they include it with some machines and not others?