Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   June Tailor Shape Cut (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/june-tailor-shape-cut-t63275.html)

Jim's Gem 09-06-2010 05:32 PM

I use it all the time!!!!

Dee Dee 09-06-2010 06:02 PM

Hi Michele, I'm taking total credit for the idea, and for your savings!

Originally Posted by emt2004
Thanks for the reminder, I just ran out and purchased the 1/4, I'm so glad I went and got it at 50% off plus the 10% I got it for 12.99.............Michele

:lol: :lol:

BKrenning 09-06-2010 06:44 PM

Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.

texas granny 09-06-2010 06:49 PM

I think it works really well. It makes it faster to cut stripes

Dee Dee 09-07-2010 04:13 AM

OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Which one are you all getting for $16? There is the Shape Cut, Shape Cut Plus, Shape Cut Too & Shape Cut Pro and some others that I've only seen online. I would like Shape Cut Pro if it had the 1/4" slots like the Shape Cut Plus & Too but it appears to only do 2.5/5/7.5/9/11.5, etc which is ok for a lot of things but not all that I want it to do.

BKrenning 09-07-2010 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dee Dee
OK, now I'm confused (doesn't take much to confuse me). :) If I am purchasing one general purpose Shape Cut ruler to cut large strips, which Shape Cut is the best for me to start with? I'd like to buy at Joann's today to get their sale price.

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.

Grinster 09-07-2010 06:28 AM

When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!

Dee Dee 09-07-2010 08:57 AM

You are right. Their notions are on sale frequently.

Originally Posted by Dee Dee

They seem to put the notions and/or rotary cutting implements on sale about once a month or so, so I decided to keep watching this thread. I have an Alto Quilt Cut 2 which I need to use more often so if the Shape Cut doesn't give me at least 1/2 inch slots and preferably 1/4 inch slots in a large ruler; I'll save my money even if it is on sale. I realize I could just move the ruler to make it line up at the measurement I want but moving the ruler defeats the whole purpose of keeping everything all lined up and faster strip cutting.

Dee Dee 09-07-2010 08:57 AM

Oh Dear! Do others have that problem with it sliding?

Originally Posted by Grinster
When I use mine I cannot keep the cuts straight, the fabric or template seems to slide. Help!

Dee Dee 09-07-2010 06:11 PM

Which Shape Cut is the best all purpose, and best one to start with?