Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just bought a new sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-bought-new-sewing-machine-t18791.html)

ScubaK 04-10-2009 08:25 PM

Looks like a great machine!!!
I loved my Viking...but had to sell it...
Enjoy!
K

MadQuilter 04-10-2009 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
What a thing to buy on "impulse".

Really? :wink:
Congratulations.

k_jupiter 04-10-2009 09:09 PM

PamNeighbor,

I occasionally receive money from my Fathers inheritance, through my mother who divvies up some of the family dough once a year or so. Knowing my father, I usually spend this money (and we aren't talking big bucks here) on tools, either quilting, woodworking, photographic, or computer tools because that is what my dad would have liked.

I think if you appreciate the machine you bought, you will never regret it.

Go make something pretty.

tim in san jose

Mplsgirl 04-11-2009 06:48 AM

Good for you! I bet right at this moment you are having a wonderful time!!

Rose Marie 04-11-2009 07:09 AM

I bought the Sapphire 830 about 2 yrs ago for 1199.
I like it and have not had any problems with it.
It dosnt have an auto thread cutter which would be nice. But it has everything else.
Some times I wish I had gotten the 850 for embroidery but it was more expensive.
Bernina is out of my price range so could not get the stitch regualtor I very much wanted.
The ten inch throat is wonderful and have quilted many quilts with ease.
I havnt used the fancy stitchs much but plan to. Im not impressed with the instruction book. Took lessons when I first bought the mach but have forgotten them now.
Be sure and use the 1/4 inch screen which I did not know about. Now I can adjust for scant 1/4 inch.
One thing I dont like is how low the top of the machine is for threading and changing feet. It is hard to fit your hand in. It does have a threader but havnt learned to use it yet.

Justquilting 04-11-2009 07:12 AM

I am so happy for you. I hope your sewing away and enjoying it. Your going to find all kinds of uses for all those stitches!!

enjoy! :lol:

shaverg 04-11-2009 07:20 AM

Glad you are having so much fun with your new machine. I know you are going to love it. Keep sewing.

Rose Marie 04-11-2009 07:27 AM

Thank you omak.
I found the videos and they are great. Now I can really play with my Sapphire.

BellaBoo 04-11-2009 07:37 AM

Congratulations! I know you will love using your new machine. All high end brand name machines are quality. You have a dealer close by so that should remove any concern you have if there is a problem. I think you have an awesome machine.

:D

pittsburgpam 04-11-2009 08:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I browsed the CD it came with before I played with it. It's pretty good and it shows with videos how to do all the functions.

I tried the different stitches and think how great they would be with colored thread on a crazy quilt. I wrote my name then saw that I must have pressed OK one too many times and got two "a"s on the end (my problem for many years is too much "A" on my end :lol: ).

I did some stitching with batting too and it worked perfectly.

I don't have a 1/4" foot yet so I used one with lines, the B foot, lined the fabric edge up with the far right line and moved the needle to -3.0. That did a fine 1/4 seam.

The space is a little small for changing needles and feet. The auto-threader was cool and I did it first time I tried.
[img][/img]