Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just a little will make it all better! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-little-will-make-all-better-t153328.html)

pstrwife 09-17-2011 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Prefer Bailey's here!

right on girlfriend!!!

nabobw 09-17-2011 05:04 AM

lol

Silver Shrew 09-17-2011 05:52 AM

What do you do with it...drink it?

kapatt 09-17-2011 06:44 AM

:thumbup: I'll be sure to have a glass before I look at your pictures. :lol:

jad1044 09-17-2011 06:57 AM

I'm in the process of making grape wine right now - and when cleaning up after the wine works over the edges of the jars, yesterday i decided to sip a bit of the run-off - the rest of the day went so smoooooooooooooooooooooth!!! :) You'd be surprised!

P.S. The wine is not officially done till the first week of december, but it sure was good already yesterday!

OmaForFour 09-17-2011 07:32 AM

I would opt for a shot or two of Jack Daniels for that!

Originally Posted by lindy-2
ha ha i heard that about having a baby to a glass off wine is suposed to take the edge off t he pain. i think you might need more than a glass for that though maybe a bottle?

vivoaks 09-17-2011 08:14 AM

:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M.I.Late 09-17-2011 08:56 AM

Great tip - I'll have to try that.

catmcclure 09-17-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Well thats what they said! I read that when learning to use a sewing machine on a frame that a glass of red wine would help. For some reason the tension(mine) is at about an 8 and I hold my breath. So what the heck I'll give it a try, and you know they were right! Those wonky stitches dont look so bad after all! So when I post a picture of the quilt I'm working on you all have a little nip and those wonky stitches will look great!

My aunt (82) in Kentucky had an old garage behind her house converted into her quilting studio. She hand quilted on a large frame. I went out one morning and saw that she had a quilt partially finished on the frame. On top of the quilt was a half-pint bottle of Kentucky's finest - to keep her arthritis at bay. So, yes, a little alcohol can ease the quilting greatly.

FroggyinTexas 09-17-2011 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Well thats what they said! I read that when learning to use a sewing machine on a frame that a glass of red wine would help. For some reason the tension(mine) is at about an 8 and I hold my breath. So what the heck I'll give it a try, and you know they were right! Those wonky stitches dont look so bad after all! So when I post a picture of the quilt I'm working on you all have a little nip and those wonky stitches will look great!

Maybe that's the answer to the question I frequently ask, which is, "Can you name one positively good thing that drinking alcoholic beverages adds to any person's life?"
teetotaler signing out as froggyintexas