Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just one comment. "This ain't woodworking buddy" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-one-comment-aint-woodworking-buddy-t205990.html)

roserips 11-16-2012 09:47 AM

Well your math is above me. I just cut a strip and sew then cut the remainder off. Nice fit and I like the design on the base of your machine. Can't show that to the grand daughter since she would have to do zebra strips or pink hearts. enjoy that machine there is miles yet to sew.

bearisgray 11-16-2012 09:55 AM

I find math useful - just wish I knew more than the basic basics.

wildyard 11-16-2012 02:17 PM

I need to make a couple of those too. You did great! I will make mine without all that math stuff. LOL. I'll hold the fabric up to the machine, measure how much I need to go over it, and how wide it needs to be. A few pins and some cutting. A nice bowl or lid for the curve... nothin' to it. The only kind of pi I want to know about has an "e" on the end and comes in a dish! :D

iwillquilt 11-16-2012 05:14 PM

A beautiful cover for a beautiful machine. I am drooling over both.

GrannieAnnie 11-16-2012 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by MTS (Post 5656821)
Hey, anyone that knows that value of Pi (and how to use it) gets a gold star in my book.

I remember watching an episode of the Orange County Choppers years ago - maybe it was while they were making the Spiderman bike - Paul Jr. was talking about the process of cutting the templates - made me crack up.
Same terminology, same tracing, same cutting, similar application.
Just different materials and tools.
It was quite amusing.

If you can, post a picture.

Wanna know a close approximation of a fraction that almost equals pi???????????? 22/7

GrannieAnnie 11-16-2012 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta (Post 5660505)
Married to an engineer who has spent his career working in 1000'ths. OMG - that is close enough - it doesn't have to be exact to within 60 thousandths.... It comes in handy when I need something calculated - but life isn't exact.

I go around the house tilting pictures - just to keep him on his toes. LOL

Is he anything like Adrian Monk? I can see him freaking out at tilted pictures.

Mariposa 11-16-2012 05:29 PM

Great job! Good looking machine as well! :)

chips88 11-16-2012 05:37 PM

very nice cover and beautiful machine. i just sewed clear heavy plastic cover for mine sew i can see them. and still keep it dust free..:)

DogHouseMom 11-16-2012 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts (Post 5660485)
I am another one who does math by husband.

Ha ha ha!! "Math by husband!" Yup! Count me in (pun intended!!)

Jingle 11-16-2012 06:30 PM

Nice job on the cover. I like the "plywood doesn't crawl" and "plywood doesn't bend".
I always say I'm glad I don't work with wood, it doesn't stretch if it comes up a little short, like fabric does.

Math - forget about it.