Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just a Rumor - ALL THE BUZZ WAS JOANNE'S FABRIC IS WALMART!!! GRRRRRR!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-rumor-all-buzz-joannes-fabric-walmart-grrrrrr-t3155.html)

ArtquilterNEWWAYtoQUILT 11-15-2007 06:43 AM

:? :( Yes It was bought by wm co. but most towns like ours don't have one!!!!!

Rebecca Chambley 11-15-2007 08:18 AM

I had heard this rumor several months back, but it has not been confirmed, and if you ask the Walmart employee, as I have. They say that they haven't heard anything about it. So it's like a drum role waithing for the answer.

refibered 11-15-2007 08:53 AM

Will be interesting to see how this shakes out....if it's true, I'd imagine WM paid attention to those petitions and figured out that it'd be worth their time to actually sell fabric and notions...duh!

rf

Nina 11-15-2007 11:39 AM

A lady at Wal Mart fabric area in our town told me about it several months ago. Who knows what will happen.

bj 11-15-2007 12:16 PM

I was stuck watching the financial channel with dh and they were saying WM is one of the few companies finishing strong this year because of their restructuring inventory. Made me pretty mad! Especially for those of you out there with limited choices for fabric shopping, because they probably won't change their minds about carrying fabric in all stores.

zyxquilts 11-15-2007 01:45 PM

I just checked the Jo-Ann's website & found my way to the corporate section - the only new thing is that they acquired full ownership of the joann.com website. They have NOT been bought by WalMart. Since they are a publicly traded company (JAS on the stock market), it would have showed up in a search if they had indeed been bought out.

quilterj 11-17-2007 09:05 PM

a couple weeks ago i was at one of the wm and an employee told me that they are one of them that has alot of fabric. he said that he heard that they weren't going to loose it because it was selling there. so i hope not. but when i talk to others every where else. they say yes it is nation wide. i too had heard about joanns but haven't heard anything through the grapevine at the stores. like someone said i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. they just don't want to hear what we have to say they are going to do things their way anyhow.

nor'easter 11-18-2007 05:10 AM

WallMart shareholders have received no notification of even a proposed buyout of JoAnn's. I put no stock in the rumor...pun intended! :D

DonnaRae 11-18-2007 06:46 AM

Hey you know what? Maybe if Wally World (aka WalMart) did buy out JoAnn"s there could be a JoAnns in every town like Wally World. Nice thought for those of us that don't have a JoAnn's. :D

ArtquilterNEWWAYtoQUILT 12-01-2007 11:55 AM

:? Well WM had my email and Joanne did not and Now I get Joanne emails and I delete them!!!!! so J had to get it fro wm.