Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   just sold my first quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-sold-my-first-quilt-t27665.html)

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 10-25-2009 06:10 PM

Remember that blue and green mariner's compass the my FIL asked me to make for him? He just gave me a cheque for 300 bucks for it!!

It's not that much money considering the number of hours I put into it, a measley 5 bucks an hour, but aside from the cost of materials, that's 300 dollars I did not have 2 hours ago!
I would have to make and sell a heck of a lot of quilts to be able to pull myself out of this debt, but every little bit helps!

Iluv2quilt 10-25-2009 06:12 PM

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting to sell one of mine. But I would miss it if I did, lol. That quilt you made for him was just beautiful!!

emmy 10-25-2009 06:16 PM

Good for you. I, also think, well, it's _____ more dollars than I had yesterday. The quilt was lovely.
Mary Ellen

Ms Grace 10-25-2009 06:17 PM

Congratulations!! :D

mountain-moma 10-25-2009 06:31 PM

Congratulations on the sale every penny helps

Quilting Aggi 10-25-2009 06:33 PM

Isn't it a great feeling when you sell that first quilt!!! I remember when I sold my first quilt. I was living in Nova Scotia. I had my quilts on consignment through a shop in Lunenburg. My first quilt sold to a French family from France!!!! It was a beautiful blue and white star quilt!

Another quilt I remember selling was here in St. John's at a local shop. It was an American couple who were sailing around the world on their small yacht. They were docking here in St. John's for a few days. She bought this rust/green/beige quilt I made and said it was for her husband's birthday. It would be sailing around the world in the yacht with them!!! How cool was that!!! Ooh to have been a piece of fabric on that quilt!!!

Congratulations girl!!!!!!!!

Esqmommy 10-25-2009 06:35 PM

Wow, fantastic!! Glad to hear he gave you $300 - that sounds like he loved it!

littlehud 10-25-2009 06:40 PM

Wow, that's great. It was worth every penny of that $300.00.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 10-25-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Isn't it a great feeling when you sell that first quilt!!! I remember when I sold my first quilt. I was living in Nova Scotia. I had my quilts on consignment through a shop in Lunenburg. My first quilt sold to a French family from France!!!! It was a beautiful blue and white star quilt!

Another quilt I remember selling was here in St. John's at a local shop. It was an American couple who were sailing around the world on their small yacht. They were docking here in St. John's for a few days. She bought this rust/green/beige quilt I made and said it was for her husband's birthday. It would be sailing around the world in the yacht with them!!! How cool was that!!! Ooh to have been a piece of fabric on that quilt!!!

Congratulations girl!!!!!!!!

I hope you kept some pictures!

earthwalker 10-25-2009 06:57 PM

How fantastic...well done, hope you make and sell many more.