Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just in time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-time-t80570.html)

Ileen 12-05-2010 05:14 PM

Amen!!!!

Katz13203 12-05-2010 06:13 PM

I bet if she got that fabric first she wouldn't even have let you get 6 inches off that bolt. I am glad that you got what you needed!

bjnicholson 12-05-2010 06:16 PM

Yeah, all's fair in love and quilts :mrgreen:

sewingsuz 12-05-2010 06:17 PM

I like this! :thumbup:

sewingsuz 12-05-2010 06:19 PM

I am from Navarre OH, South of Canton about 20 miles. Suzanne

penski 12-05-2010 06:26 PM

to bad so sad for her i wouldnt share either unless it was something i was just buying to have in my stash for "one of these days"

missionslady 12-05-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by TN Donna
I bought material the other day to make my sons quilt and last night I happened to think I did not get the backing material. Back to Hancock's this morning. I got the bolt, the onlyone they had, and took it up to have it cut. Another woman came in wanting the same material and told the woman she wanted all she had left of the blue. It was the blue batik with the gold on the back. I bought 3 yards and she took the rest. There was just 1 1/4 yards left and she was mad that I didn't half it with her. Sorry lady but I needed it.

They are having a big sale and I got a panel with four stocking on it. Instead of making it just two front and back stockings I am going to make 4 with different backgrounds. These are big stockings adn I got the whole panel for $3.50.

Selecting the fabric for our quilts should be fun and certainly not stressful. What began as a pleasant experience as you dreamed of the quilt you were making for your son, suddenly turned ugly. I am so sorry you had to deal with that. You found it first, and she will just have to deal with it. Love your idea for the stockings.

grandma sue 12-05-2010 07:02 PM

My husband served in the Air Force 23 years and my son was in the ARmy for 10 years - served 2 tours in Iraq. I appreciate all those who served. Tell your sons thank you for serving. I try to do that when I see a man/woman in uniform. It makes me feel good and I think they appreciate it.

Lori J 12-05-2010 07:24 PM

You ladies are acting like a bunch of spoiled quilters! I can't believe that you would act so selfish. As for me and my quilter friends, I think we would have shared if the lady truly needed it. I would hate to run out of fabric and not be able to find any more to finish my top. AND You can always find something for your backing... After all, this IS THE CHRISTMAS SEASON. As for giving... the quilt to the left has a small block that has a kidney appliqued on it. This represents the kidney that my sister-in-law unselfishly gave to my husband....I am thankful for unselfish, giving people.

IBQUILTIN 12-05-2010 08:07 PM

Gale, your stocking quilt idea is really cute. Get at least 30 stockings, and make it an advent quilt for the kids with goodies in each days sock. Wouldn't that be fun? Think I will try it too