Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just in time (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-time-t80570.html)

kwiltkrazy 12-05-2010 08:12 PM

I love to do the panels. They use to have santas and snowmen and all kinds of big panels you could make into door hangers, haven't seen them for a long time.

Susi 12-05-2010 08:46 PM

Rudeness should never be rewarded

annette1952 12-05-2010 11:24 PM

It is hard to believe how people can be so rude. I'm glad you got there when you did so you got enough to finish your quilt.

GailG 12-06-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by gale
Good You just gave me an idea, maybe for next year, to get a stocking panel and put them on a quilt like pockets for cards or something. Or just decoration.

You are too clever!! Will bookmark this one. :wink:

GailG 12-06-2010 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by joan_quilts
Some people are so rude! They think because they want they should have. Ummm, not always the way it goes darling! LOL Good for you for getting what you needed.

My son is in the Marines and I brag about him all the time. Some people just role their eyes like "why is he doing THAT" and others say to tell him thank-you.

Tell your son THANK-YOU from me!

It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round. Just this week I was at a buffet serving myself next to a servicewoman in uniform. She told me hello and I told her "Thank you for your service." She looked rather surprised, and said, "Oh? You're welcome." The poor lady with the rude manners may have been having a difficult day -- trouble at home, rushing to get somewhere else, feeling ill, etc. Say a prayer for her and try to understand. I find it hard dealing with rudeness, also.

sewingsuz 12-06-2010 08:55 AM

I to ibquiltin, Can you please tell me where the stocking is so I can look at it. Thank you so much. Suzanne

Lucy90 12-06-2010 10:30 AM

I would have bought all the fabric - just because. People can be so rude sometimes. I just wonder how they would react if the same thing happened to them??

drgranny 12-06-2010 03:24 PM

Anyone with family in the military, please say thank you for me too. Whenever I see someone in uniform I go up to them and say thankyou.

Annya 12-08-2010 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by gale
Good for you. I wouldn't have shared either, unless I was just stash building.

You just gave me an idea, maybe for next year, to get a stocking panel and put them on a quilt like pockets for cards or something. Or just decoration.

Me, I usually take the lot if there is only a little bit left. That lady was lucky you let her have the rest instead of buying it all and not leaving any.

tooMuchFabric 12-08-2010 01:09 AM

This is a place of business you were in. You are not obligated to feel quilty because you want a nice piece of fabric and someone else comes up and whines about it.
Had she acted nice, as a true quilter at heart would have done, you might have considered whether you wanted to share or not.

Do you think if she had got to the fabric first she would have offered to half it with you?
I'm pretty sure not.