Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Just wanted you to know about good service. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/just-wanted-you-know-about-good-service-t273128.html)

QuiltingHaven 12-09-2015 03:14 AM

Just wanted you to know about good service.

Yesterday, my January 2016 Fons & Porter "Love of Quilting" magazine arrived in the mailbox. The first 14 pages were torn and 1/2 of them were eaten by the postal mechanical machinery. It looked like a shark had eaten 1/2 to 3/4 of the the pages. I called the number in the magazine. Got a great gentleman who took my name and address and is sending me another magazine in the next 10 days. Now, that is great service. But you wouldn't believe what it looked like.

DOTTYMO 12-09-2015 03:26 AM

Congratulations on such excellent service.

ManiacQuilter2 12-09-2015 03:57 AM

I have had things eaten by the USPS. That is nice that F&P has excellent customer service especially these days.

ctyankee 12-09-2015 04:00 AM

I've had mail arrive in deplorable condition, too, but my post office will put it in a plastic bag with a note saying it arrived at their station that way. Not that I would be happy with most of the magazine missing!

But I'm glad you're getting another copy -- hope it arrives complete!

jmoore 12-11-2015 04:10 AM

I'm glad you had a nice experience and that you will get a fresh copy of the magazine.

mom-6 12-11-2015 06:52 AM

It is always disappointing to receive mangled mail, and magazines/catalogs seem to be most vulnerable. But so glad you are getting it replaced.

quilting cat 12-11-2015 09:05 AM

You could post a picture of both the eaten copy and the new one when it comes -- too bad the magazine has to "eat" the cost when USPS is at fault!

caspharm 12-11-2015 05:35 PM

Definitely good customer service. I wish the magazine companies would all send them in the plastic wrap. It would reduce how many get eaten.

madamekelly 12-11-2015 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by caspharm (Post 7401238)
Definitely good customer service. I wish the magazine companies would all send them in the plastic wrap. It would reduce how many get eaten.

How unusual. My "Love of Quilting always came in a sealed plastic bag. Maybe because most of the east coast still think things are delivered by stagecoaches in Oregon? Lol!

caspharm 12-12-2015 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly (Post 7401296)
How unusual. My "Love of Quilting always came in a sealed plastic bag. Maybe because most of the east coast still think things are delivered by stagecoaches in Oregon? Lol!

I wish it was that. :) However, it is probably a cost-cutting measure. The publishers probably figure replacing a few "eaten" magazines is cheaper than the machinery costs for the plastic wrap. My DH and I get several other magazines that are not wrapped (AAA magazine and several association magazines) and have arrived with damage (usually not bad, but there).

On the other hand, I have noticed more wrapped magazines with bonus items (especially the foreign ones) in the stores these days.