Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/kids-wanting-make-quilt-%22-funny%22-t61692.html)

Dee 08-29-2010 06:33 PM

Tears and couldn't stop laughing. That is too cute and adorable. That will be a memory forever and especially on her wedding day. I still have a pin cusion and scissor holder my DS made me when he was 5 yrs. old. Wrapped them up as a present. All done by hand. Things you never throw away.

irenecarter 08-29-2010 09:33 PM

My grand daughter decided that she wanted to learn to use my sewing machine. So I sat her down , taught her to thread the machine, and how to sew a seam. She was using scrap material, but when she made a wide seam and then made it the regular size, I proceeded to try to teach her how to use the seam ripper, and to reinforce the idea that she needed to repair any mistakes she made as she went. I went into the other room for more material while she was ripping out. When I returned she was throwing it in the trash. I asked her why, She replied, " Grandma it's only scrap material, and it needed to be in the trash,." " But I was trying to teach you how to use a seam ripper, and repair your mistakes," I replied. She said," I did learn how to fix it.. I put it in the trash."

wolfkitty 08-29-2010 10:39 PM

What a great story! I was afraid you were going to say she cut up some clothes. DIL should be glad it was only towels and should have appreciated the GD's creativity, and added a little instruction as to what is okay to cut and what isn't. I think it's wonderful that the created piece will be kept and passed along. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story!

angieh1964 08-29-2010 11:04 PM

so save your "towel quilt" for when your little sweety comes to see you and work on explaining sewing to her this would be a perfect place to show her different stitches and the basics and she will either be hooked or run for the hills!

colorfulgrammy 08-30-2010 04:51 AM

This is an event your DIL will never, ever forget. Turn it around, make it a teaching event with the GD...taking something that did not belong to her, she didn't ask permission, get her to pony up some of the replacement funds, even 1 washcloth.

Gramma Deb 08-30-2010 08:43 AM

That is just to funny! Gave me a good laugh to start my day off. I hope the mom treasures her quilt! This will be a wonderful family story to tell for years to come.

greaterexp 08-30-2010 08:58 AM

Wonderful story - a treasure!

patimint 08-30-2010 07:41 PM

Thanks for the laugh. Don't ya just love kids!!!

Leota 08-30-2010 07:45 PM

ooops Well, next time you see her you might teach her how to sew and emphasize that she only sews when Grandma is watching (supervising) her. not just AT grandma's...

ladyshuffler 08-30-2010 11:05 PM

Kids do the darnedest things don't they...cute story thanks for sharing!