Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Kindle Quilting Magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/kindle-quilting-magazines-t157956.html)

BellaBoo 10-04-2011 03:00 PM

I have Fons and Porter's digital subscription and Quilt World and one other, I forgot which one, I read on my computer by digital subscription. With the Kindle I can be anywhere and read the magazine or books if they are available in Kindle format and the best part is I will be able to access all the online quilting shows with the Kindle Fire!!

OmaForFour 10-05-2011 03:52 AM

My daughter has a Red Heeler. WONDERFUL dogs. Very intelligent. Hers even watches TV, especially any kind of wildlife shows. Tries to get to the animals in the screen. LOL

Originally Posted by prairiequeen
Don't know,but love the dog.Have a red heeler myself.

Dolphyngyrl 10-05-2011 03:53 AM

Yeah, but how would you use the patterns. Are they printable from the kindle

JeanLowe 10-05-2011 04:09 AM

I have a kindle and would love to have the new one. Put you can not print a pattern from it, which is one of the reasons I haven't bought one.

romanojg 10-05-2011 04:46 AM

I have no problem downloading them to my Nook Color.

Geri B 10-05-2011 05:44 AM

I like the hard copy mags because as I read the pattern, if I am interested in doing it, I will make notes for myself...like if I want to make larger, change size of blocks, colors, etc......or if there is something I want to cut out for whatever reason, I can do that and put it on my bulletin board (boy, doesn't that make me a dinosaur!)
I don't own a kindle, and personally don't want one...question: can one somehow make thes kinds of things on that electronic thing????

echoemb 10-05-2011 05:48 AM

You can make notes on the kindle and connect it to a page etc. the more I use mine the more I love it . My biggest complaint is the same as the phones. You buy one and 30 days later it is obsolete.

moneill 10-05-2011 06:00 AM

I have a Kindle and downloaded a quilting book from the public library to see how it would be. Text is great, but for something with pictures, I really need a hard copy.

lonestardreams 10-05-2011 06:28 AM

doesn't the Kindle Fire have a USB port? If so, it may be possible to print from it.

I'm on the edge about it. I have two Kindles and love to read on them. I haven't decided about the Fire. I've been tablet shopping for some time.

romanojg 10-05-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
I like the hard copy mags because as I read the pattern, if I am interested in doing it, I will make notes for myself...like if I want to make larger, change size of blocks, colors, etc......or if there is something I want to cut out for whatever reason, I can do that and put it on my bulletin board (boy, doesn't that make me a dinosaur!)
I don't own a kindle, and personally don't want one...question: can one somehow make thes kinds of things on that electronic thing????

That depends on the device and functionality of it. Mine has the apps to use it as an interactive organizer so I can update or make changes right to it without hooking it up to the pc. I can print from it w/a bluetooth printer. The color nook has so many apps that allow you to things that I've never thought of and most of their apps are cheap.