Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labor Day weekend quilting...what are you working on??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labor-day-weekend-quilting-what-you-working-t150405.html)

canuckninepatch 09-06-2011 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by shelburn
WOW! What a busy bunch! And what a caring group! Just finished reading all the input and am thinking, I was pretty busy too.
First, I made a huge pot of pasta sauce with a mound of tomatoes, peppers and onions from our garden and froze it for the winter. Sunday I made a pizza with more veggies from the garden, in between working in the workshop on finishing my doll quilt swap project. Have to make the label and will be finished. Also I check the e-mails in between these projects. Made apple/blueberry muffins for breakfast yesterday, and then picked a huge spaghetti squash for dinner last night. Grandson loves stuffed spaghetti squash so have enough left over for another small meal. In the meantime, I am also working on a ninja turtle whole cloth quilt with matching pillow case for the charity sewers I joined about a year ago. Have also made a couple of mug rugs/pot holders/soup bowl huggers out of scraps.
Guess that qualifies me for the busy group here!! Love to all!

My goodness - you're making me hungry!!!

michelehuston 09-06-2011 04:51 AM

For some reason I can't seem to be able to do much in the way of quilts right now, so I made pillow cases. I plan on giving them to my dgc with a pillow in it for Christmas. I know they can use them and it keeps me sewing!

emlee51 09-06-2011 06:13 AM

Love the bullseye pattern, Jennifer...thanks for sharing!

reginalovesfabric 09-06-2011 09:19 AM

I was sick so all I did was watch Little house on the prarie and hem the binding on 4 give a way quilts.
Back at work and still don't feel well, the change in weather made me sick. One day it's 99 and then it's 58
crazy Mississippi weather.

Halfsquare 09-06-2011 12:55 PM

I am reorganizing fabrics and finishing up some things. Also planning to make:
"The Boy's Story" Quilt from Hatched and Patched. It is the cutest boy quilt I have ever seen.

IBQUILTIN 09-06-2011 01:14 PM

Weelllllllllll, I have a quilt camp coming up next week, so I am finishing up a confusing little cottage garden quilt, cutting out a Southwestern style quilt for my sweet step son (he's coming from Tennessee to stay with his Dad so I can go) gathering up stuff for a bag made of old jeans. That will be easy, all my jeans are old. Can't wait for next monday

DirtyPaw 09-06-2011 02:41 PM

I am procrastinating on my current quilt but what you are doing for your friend is outstanding to say the least.

Annaleehunter 09-06-2011 07:46 PM

I am taking a class this week; they are using the lucky star pattern!

4EVERquilt 09-06-2011 07:48 PM

working on elenor burns orion star & in the middle is fussy cut bird houses.

Little Sue 4.9 09-08-2011 02:15 PM

I worked on my first panel baby quilt andI did it all by myself. I tried the SID and I need more practice there. I loosely quilted it and finished the binding tonight. I like the looks of it. If I could figure out how to post a picture of it I would, I'm still going to try.