Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Labyrink Walk pattern info (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/labyrink-walk-pattern-info-t296961.html)

Sandygirl 05-16-2018 03:08 AM

Labyrink Walk pattern info

A couple of suggestions for writing a pattern. Reading the list of fabric yardage required to make this project it has a numbered list. It would have been helpful to have read Fabric # 1, 2/3 yards Fabric # 2, etc. yep...I purchased 1 yard plus for #1, 2 yards plus for # 2, 3 yards plus for fabric 3. OMG! I will have more than enough to make this project multiple times! Gotta laugh.......my fault.

Also, the term is “selvage” not “salvage”. Doesn’t anyone proofread patterns? And, yes, this is the revised, Corrected pattern.

Sandy

Conchalea 05-16-2018 04:11 AM

That misuse of ‘salvage’ rather than the correct ‘selvedge’ gets me, too! I haven’t seen it in a written pattern but some YouTube videos I’ve watched have had the spoken error. As to misreading fabric amounts, that sounds like something I’d do. Well, it sounds like your stash just grew.

PaperPrincess 05-16-2018 04:24 AM

Since we're getting into spelling... "selvage" is an accepted alternate spelling. I always remember that the word is derived from 'self edge'. Pattern is still wrong, though!

Sandygirl 05-16-2018 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea (Post 8059008)
That misuse of ‘salvage’ rather than the correct ‘selvedge’ gets me, too! I haven’t seen it in a written pattern but some YouTube videos I’ve watched have had the spoken error. As to misreading fabric amounts, that sounds like something I’d do. Well, it sounds like your stash just grew.

It sure did! One is black, one is white, the other two are light blue and dark blue. Oh well. Could have been worse, oh...wait...I ordered these from Hancocks of paducah in late 2016. The lt blue was on back order....they shipped it when it came in. Then they shipped it Again! I guess someone forgot to update the records. LOL! This project is Jinxed. The light blue will make pretty winter projects.

Sandy

toverly 05-16-2018 04:47 AM

Oh My, I guess you will have plenty to piece a backing. It will all coordinate. I have been wanting to do this pattern too.

nativetexan 05-16-2018 05:40 AM

he, he. Eleanor Burns always says salvage. hurts my ears. have fun making your quilt(s).

KwiltyKahy 05-16-2018 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 8059059)
he, he. Eleanor Burns always says salvage. hurts my ears. have fun making your quilt(s).

And the other one is muslim instead of muslin. Drives me nuts.

nativetexan 05-16-2018 03:52 PM

gosh, i almost say that wrong myself. hard one. i know better but my tongue doesn't.

maviskw 05-17-2018 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess (Post 8059014)
Since we're getting into spelling... "selvage" is an accepted alternate spelling. I always remember that the word is derived from 'self edge'. Pattern is still wrong, though!

Accepted as an alternate spelling for what? The two words have very different meaning. Selvage means 'self edge' as you said. Salvage means to save something. 'save' with an 'a'. Many old sewing machines get salvaged.
Another bugaboo is border and boarder. I said, "Maybe those boarders could help you with your borders." Boarders are people who eat at your house and may take a room, too, as in 'room and board'.

luci4 05-17-2018 04:41 AM

Speaking of spelling errors, in the heading of this thread, should it not be Labyrinth instead of Labyrink? I also have problems with the use of selvage and salvage, as well as border and boarder.