Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ladies, we have the power to make changes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ladies-we-have-power-make-changes-t133596.html)

MawMaw B 06-27-2011 05:51 PM

Ours never lost fabric and the store was newly remodeled with tall shelves of fabric. More than they had before, but many of the buttons have been discontinued. My mother uses lots of the quarter inch fish eye buttons and I would order them through Walmart. Now they no longer carry them and I was told that they can't order them. She makes baby clothes by hand and only uses that size. Oh well, guess I'll start hunting the web.

PamS 06-27-2011 07:08 PM

There's a W-Mart in my area that is remodeling/expanding and they are not only keeping their fabric dept, BUT it's bigger and closer to the front of the store. THANKS WAL-MART for making it easier for me to spend my money. (-;

kathdavis 06-27-2011 08:50 PM

Anybody have any suggestions for turning around gas prices. We can do it!

Psychomomquilter 06-28-2011 03:13 AM

I have about 4 super walmarts around my area, and no fabric, I will take it back, one of them does, but haven't been there for quite some time, so not sure they still run the fabric...
But so glad they are putting the fabric back in.
I know this is off the topic, but I didn't realize they took the tire & lube out of some of them too. I had some very good service with them.

anyway yeaaaa for the fabric coming in!

a1crafter 06-28-2011 03:16 AM

They are restocking the fab dept in the Mentor, OH. Walmart. It does not seem to be as large as before but, is better than nothing.

Riversong 06-28-2011 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If I hear one more 'proper quilter' tell me Walmart fabric is not quilt shop quality I may not be very polite. I don't care! I know what I'm buying thank you.

DITTO!!! If people can afford quilt shop prices,go for it.Some of us cant,so leave us the heck alone!!!!

catmcclure 06-28-2011 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis
I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the sewing dept at our Walmart in Blue Springs, MO, because there was a cutting table in the middle. The precut by the yard fabric was on a clearance table and the shelves were being filled with bolts of fabric. I thought, "Wow! We can make a difference."

When our local WM discontinued fabric several years ago, I emailed the CEO and thanked him for saving me money. Told him I'd been in the habit of dropping by WM several times a week to get a yard or two or fabric and usually spent $75 or more on other things every time I went in. Told him that since they'd discontinued fabric I'd only been in the store once that month. Guess other people did the same thing. Last year they posted their first ever quarterly loss. Think this would have made them sit up and think. LOL

sweetpea 06-28-2011 03:35 AM

But have you liked it the cost of the fabric?

quilt3311 06-28-2011 03:39 AM

Only problem is here, there are bolts and bolts from China and frankly it isn't of very good quality. They downsized our fabric dept too.

Psychomomquilter 06-28-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by kathdavis
Anybody have any suggestions for turning around gas prices. We can do it!

ok I am bad! start walking!! three of those fingers pointing back at me, hehehehehe

how about horse & buggy, the hay & grain well, and the poop, oh well....

oh I know! bicycle, now I see me riding on that busy highway! and those cars just won't move over a tad for me( three wheel! of course!)

sorry but its true, just wish there was a way for gas prices to go down>

I hope you laughed at this sillyness, and not be angry,,,,