Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ladies, we have the power to make changes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ladies-we-have-power-make-changes-t133596.html)

Maire 06-28-2011 05:27 AM

I was in my local Walmart yesterday, I could tell that they were rearranging shelves, etc. A clerk told me the fabric should be back in sometime this week. I also noticed the Brother sewing machines were marked down for clearance, but not the Singer. I wonder if they are going to stop carrying Brother? The low end Brothers that they carry are actually very good machines.

kathdavis 06-28-2011 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry

Originally Posted by kathdavis
I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the sewing dept at our Walmart in Blue Springs, MO, because there was a cutting table in the middle. The precut by the yard fabric was on a clearance table and the shelves were being filled with bolts of fabric. I thought, "Wow! We can make a difference."

I surely hope this is coming to the Walmart on Barry Road in Kansas City Northland.

I wonder how widespread it is going to be. I did write Walmart about it about six months ago, but I don't think I can take any credit for its return. The Walmart in Independence near Independence Center never lost its fabric dept. They just down sized a bit and could not order fabric but got whatever the company wanted to send them. I just think it is important for many people who can't go all over searching for fabric. Glad to see Walmart is attempting to serve the community.

sewbizgirl 06-28-2011 05:31 AM

...Now if we could just get them to sell us fabric that isn't made in Pakistan or China.

Tudey 06-28-2011 05:50 AM

The important question is: did you buy any of the clearance fabric?

Amythyst02 06-28-2011 05:56 AM

Our Wal Mart said by the end of June, the fabric dept would be back. I was there last week and no sign of changes, but alot can happen in a week. I will be there again later this week...heres hoping.

SandyMac 06-28-2011 05:57 AM

We are woman hear us roar!!!!!!

kathdavis 06-28-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tudey
The important question is: did you buy any of the clearance fabric?

I did buy some clearance fabric to finish a quilt top, but not enough for my stash. That is why I went back to that dept to purchase some more and that is when I saw the new cutting table and the bolts of fabric. The precut clearance fabric was priced $2.00 for 2 yards. I was foolish not to stock up. Most of it was gone when I went back. Drats!

countrycottage 06-28-2011 06:03 AM

So far our fabric department has not returned. Maybe it will soon.

kathdavis 06-28-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
Our Wal Mart said by the end of June, the fabric dept would be back. I was there last week and no sign of changes, but alot can happen in a week. I will be there again later this week...heres hoping.

Watch for the clearance! It goes fast. (This is experience talking.)

grumpy90650 06-28-2011 06:04 AM

great news, i hope all the other walmarts follow with returning their fabric.....