Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Largest Quilt Shop in America? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/largest-quilt-shop-america-t108077.html)

Dawnmarieodya 03-18-2011 10:09 AM

There is a store in Phoenix,AZ that has over 8,000 bolts and maybe larger.Haven't been there yet.It's call 35 st sew and vac.It's on 35 and Northern.It's about 45miles from my place but the traffic is so bad in Phoenix that I just stay away.I must break down some time.I took down most of the addresses on here to day so when we travel I can shop on the high way and (buy)!! was of America.I really enjoy this quilting forum.Im learning a lot.Happy Shopping!!

klutzyquilter 03-18-2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by sandybeach
I'll put up M&L Fabrics in Buena Park, CA against any of them. I think they converted a grocery store to a fabric shop. It is a 3.5 hour drive from my house, but I am planning a trip there this summer. You can read about it here:
http://narniamum.blogspot.com/2010/1...tual-tour.html

Sandy

Friend introduced me to M & L ... awesome :-D

thrums 03-18-2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Road Trip! I have 10 empty suitcases ready to go! :lol:

Pessimist! Wouldn't about a hundred packing boxes, packing tape and mailing labels give you more room?

LOL[/quote]

Well I thought I'd pick those up once I got there.

P.S. I have been known to mail my clothes home to fit vacation finds in my suitcase.

Marge L. 03-18-2011 01:39 PM

Would you give the adress of M&L Fabrics again, please. I know Buena Park, but the address itself. Thanks

IrishNY 03-18-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Ok, if someone can get ahold of a plane and a pilot. We could probably hit all of these, staying at each other's houses...whatch think?

It would be the ultimate national shop hop!

If people pay enough to go on a quilting cruise, couldn't we find enough to charter a plane and fly around the country to all the best quilt shops? I would be so tempted....

IrishNY 03-18-2011 02:30 PM

For those who asked, the Fieldstone House is in Sidney Center, NY. It's just off Route 88 between Albany and Binghamton. It really is something to see. The fabric is stacked everywhere, and the aisles are so narrow it's claustrophobic.

The first time I went there, I was completely overwhelmed and left without buying anything. I've been back since and rectified that behavior :wink: , but it is almost too much.

JAS 03-18-2011 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY
For those who asked, the Fieldstone House is in Sidney Center, NY. It's just off Route 88 between Albany and Binghamton. It really is something to see. The fabric is stacked everywhere, and the aisles are so narrow it's claustrophobic.

The first time I went there, I was completely overwhelmed and left without buying anything. I've been back since and rectified that behavior :wink: , but it is almost too much.

Thank you, sounds easy enough to find will be going right through that area... I'm from Marathon..Cortland County been away from area for sometime go back to visit now and then...
JAS

CajunQuilter2 03-18-2011 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1943
Where is this?

Originally Posted by ginnie6
mary jo's website says 32,000 sq ft and 30 employees on the floor at any time! It is huge!

Gastonia North Carolina i believe

MTS 03-18-2011 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2

Originally Posted by quilter1943
Where is this?

Originally Posted by ginnie6
mary jo's website says 32,000 sq ft and 30 employees on the floor at any time! It is huge!

Gastonia North Carolina i believe

Conveniently located about 20 miles west of Charlotte, right off the highway (Interstate 85). :wink:

IdahoSandy 03-18-2011 07:07 PM

20,000 bolts at www.fabricshack.com located at 99 So. Marvin Lane, Waynesville, Ohio 45068. Never been there but saw this ad in Fons & Porter's "Love of Quilting" magazine Mar/April issue. Why couldn't I of been born to fly. Laughing, laughing
Sandy