Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Last border decision (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/last-border-decision-t297326.html)

Kassaundra 06-01-2018 02:41 PM

Last border decision

2 Attachment(s)
The last time I posted pics of this border quandary several suggested no orange final border. I couldn't make up my mind (I was working on a different choice at that time) so I assembled and quilted it until I finally HAD to make the choice. So here it is again. Final orange border or no?????

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595344[/ATTACH]

ckcowl 06-01-2018 02:46 PM

Only if you need it to make the quilt the size you want.
What do you plan to do on the corners? Adding triangles to make them square? I like the brown and would probably just finish it with that.
It is a lovely quilt.

ekuw 06-01-2018 02:48 PM

I'd do it...what else are you going to do with the matching fabric?

Kassaundra 06-01-2018 02:50 PM

I plan on leaving the corners at an angle.

Kassaundra 06-01-2018 02:51 PM

Absolutely nothing else!!! lol lol lol The fabric was chosen for a specific person who will love it, but it is not my cup of tea.

Originally Posted by ekuw (Post 8068926)
I'd do it...what else are you going to do with the matching fabric?

marilynr 06-01-2018 02:57 PM

I really like it with the border.

QuiltE 06-01-2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8068928)
I plan on leaving the corners at an angle.

I like angled corners, so you have my vote for them.

Border or not ... I kind of like it with it.
Though if you are doing that, add extra on the cropped corners so that they have the same amount of brown between the edge of the hexies and the border print, as there is with the rest of the quilt.

If no border, the excess fabric .... while it is not your cup-of-tea, you could always make that specific person, a go with, such as a runner, table topper, mug rugs etc.

Great kaleido work up.
You're got a really nice original quilt for that specific and obviously special person. :)
Well done!!!

Kassaundra 06-01-2018 03:15 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and compliment. Yes I am going to add the piece of brown to the corrner angled edges either way w/ or w/o the orange.

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8068935)
I like angled corners, so you have my vote for them.

Border or not ... I kind of like it with it.
Though if you are doing that, add extra on the cropped corners so that they have the same amount of brown between the edge of the hexies and the border print, as there is with the rest of the quilt.

If no border, the excess fabric .... while it is not your cup-of-tea, you could always make that specific person, a go with, such as a runner, table topper, mug rugs etc.

Great kaleido work up.
You're got a really nice original quilt for that specific and obviously special person. :)
Well done!!!

Jingle 06-01-2018 03:22 PM

I like it as pictured above.

ILoveToQuilt 06-01-2018 03:24 PM

My vote: With the orange border.

Love the quilt.