Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   learned about Daily Deal....... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/learned-about-daily-deal-t213282.html)

scisyb220 02-08-2013 10:13 AM

As paulina said, they clearly state that the Daily Deal is a limit of one, but additionally I must say I have always been exceedingly pleased with the customer service I have gotten from MSQC. Many times I've ordered the DD but added something else to the order because their price was so incredibly low. Just last week, I got an order of charms for $2 and when they were delivered, and extra set was also delivered in error to me. They told me just to keep them, it would be more expensive to ship them back or forward to the customer listed on the order form. I don't know about you, but a company that treats their customers like family is worth supporting, to me. I have never received an order from them that I've been disappointed in, either. Sorry you weren't happy with the conditions they place on the Daily Deal, but for me it's a winner all the time!

rush88888 02-08-2013 10:49 AM

you could have a friend or two order a set for you. gotta play the game!

kamaiarigby 02-08-2013 10:52 AM

I also saw a daily deal that I liked from MSQC, but for me the postage was $59.95 that makes a VERY expensive packet of charm squares. I read through their shipping instructions and even if I bought a packet of needles it was still $59.95.
In New Zealand we pay anything from $24-$30 per metre (1 yard 3 inches ) A number of international members of QB like me buy their fabrics from USA, but we do have to be careful and include the price of the postage etc to the total cost of our purchase.

Lori S 02-08-2013 11:07 AM

The daily deal really is a deal if you intend to buy more and the deal is just an add on.

maggiemuggins 02-08-2013 12:44 PM

I was a little put off by the shipping as well....I am in Canada and the shipping was pretty high...I love the tutorials and the presentation of the fabrics and the prices seem good but the shipping is just too high for me

quilter2090 02-08-2013 03:01 PM

I,too, was going to order a daily special, but with the $5.00 shopping I cancelled the order. I have found most of the daily specials are pre-cuts and since I don't buy pre-cuts, I haven't ordered from them.

Mdaniels 02-08-2013 03:57 PM

When I get the daily deal, I also look at the rest of the material on sale--I can usually find a couple of other nice charm packs around $5 and usually something else I need to make it worthwhile for me and MSQC!

franc36 02-08-2013 04:50 PM

Like JulieR, I have a shopping list by my computer. When I see a Daily Deal that I just can't live without, I order it and one or more things on my list. I have been extremely pleased with the service at MSQC and love ordering from them. To me the $5 postage is a great deal since I order more than one item.

meanmom 02-09-2013 04:57 AM

I have never done it from their website but when I want more than one of things like that I just send one to me. One to my daughter, one to my mom etc until I have enough.

RV Quilter 02-09-2013 05:36 AM

Love the MSQC daily deal...they specialize in precuts....If you order from other sites you will find that their $5 is a good shipping price for an order.