Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Learning Machine Embrodery! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/learning-machine-embrodery-t103167.html)

grann of 6 02-26-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Wow, your work is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can only get HALF that good I would be proud !!!!!!!!!!

The thing is, you CAN be that good. It is the machine doing the work. I did all those pictures on Irish linen, with a good quality stabilizer. As I said on the other thread, the stabilizer is all important. Just don't scrimp on cheap thread and cheap supplies. It is amazing how long a spool of thread lasts.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-26-2011 06:28 AM

Grann of 6, your work is gorgeous!!!!!!!
I'm looking for an embroidery machine as we speak. :D
All I need is ANOTHER addiction hahaha

Enchanted Quilter 02-26-2011 06:30 AM

I have a old ce100 singer futura very limited on size but I have had a great time w/it. But remember get a good stabilizer, and use good bobbin thread . Makes a world of difference.

jdiane318 02-26-2011 06:38 AM

I have a Janome 350E, and love the ease of using it. I love to make personalized tea towels and everyone's favorite is either Linus from Peanuts or Maxine. I have both Maxine cd's and there is never a dull moment. People complain about the cost of thread but most of the spools are 1100 yards and you don't use the thread like sewing thread. It is important to have a good bobbin thread and I got 4-10,000 yard spools for under $20 on ebay. Stabilizer is important to. I like using the precuts that again are purchased on ebay. I also like making my own quilt labels, they are very personal and you can embellish and enhance to your heart's content.

jetnica 02-26-2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by SherryLea
i don't have that machine, but just wanted to warn you The machine embroidery is habit forming and you just can't find enough stuff to put names on beware. My name is Sherry Lea and I am a embroidery machine addict

mahaaaahahahahahahaha

this is perfect!!

clem55 02-26-2011 07:06 AM

I haven't even tried my embroidery yet, yet that is one of the reasons I bought a new machine. I've got the Janome 9700. I downloaded a bunch of free designs, but I can't get them to unzip. I never had problems unzipping downloads before, and this has me stumped. I've got Windows Vista, and my computer is only two years old. I need help!!

grann of 6 02-26-2011 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
I haven't even tried my embroidery yet, yet that is one of the reasons I bought a new machine. I've got the Janome 9700. I downloaded a bunch of free designs, but I can't get them to unzip. I never had problems unzipping downloads before, and this has me stumped. I've got Windows Vista, and my computer is only two years old. I need help!!

I have Windows XP and don't have any problems. The ones I have downloaded usually have a download ZIP or UNZIP. If I click UNZIP the WINZIP window opens and allows me to download them that way. I haven't done it in a few weeks so I hope my explanation was correct. Anyhow good luck.

bstock 02-26-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by clem55

I have to have my husband help me with this.