Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Learning Machine Embrodery! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/learning-machine-embrodery-t103167.html)

CarrieAnne 02-26-2011 05:14 AM

Most of my sewing machines are "vintage" from rummage sales for 20.00 to free, I love the old ones!
Last year BF found one of the Brother SE350 for $189.00, when Walmart closed them out!
I am NOT good with computers and the puppy chewed the cord in half, so Rob had to fix it.
Last night I decided it HAD to get out of the box, and HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT as scarry and intimidating as I thought!!!!!!!!! Mine isnt fancy, butthe letters are SO pretty, and nice, and I cant beleive how fun it is!
Did anyone else get this machine? I am sure I could bother you with qeustions, lol!

bstock 02-26-2011 05:22 AM

My husband bought me that same machine last year at Walmart. I love it.

SherryLea 02-26-2011 05:30 AM

i don't have that machine, but just wanted to warn you The machine embroidery is habit forming and you just can't find enough stuff to put names on beware. My name is Sherry Lea and I am a embroidery machine addict

waladopa 02-26-2011 05:33 AM

I have a Brother 8500 D. Luckily it sews regular too or it wouldn't ever get used.
I don't even want to figure it out anymore. I paid $2,000 for it and would gladly sell it for $1,000.

lclang 02-26-2011 05:41 AM

I have a Babylock Ellageo that I haven't used much for embroidery due to bobbin thread jamming and illness. Now it's in the shop so I have hopes of getting to use the embroidery part of it soon. My daughter has a commercial Babylock embroidery machine and does some fantastic things with it.

susanwilley 02-26-2011 05:42 AM

I have the Singer Futura 150 embroidery machine and it is addicting. I just love it. I use it for embroidery and quilting. I can't wait to finish so I can embroider my label in a corner. I need to get my dd quilt back so I can label hers. Didn't think about it at the time.

CarrieAnne 02-26-2011 05:51 AM

SherryLea, it IS addicting! Played for hours last night on the machine!

CarrieAnne 02-26-2011 05:53 AM

Susan, is yours easy to use? Does it have lot f designs built in?

grann of 6 02-26-2011 05:56 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Most of my sewing machines are "vintage" from rummage sales for 20.00 to free, I love the old ones!
Last year BF found one of the Brother SE350 for $189.00, when Walmart closed them out!
I am NOT good with computers and the puppy chewed the cord in half, so Rob had to fix it.
Last night I decided it HAD to get out of the box, and HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT as scarry and intimidating as I thought!!!!!!!!! Mine isnt fancy, butthe letters are SO pretty, and nice, and I cant beleive how fun it is!
Did anyone else get this machine? I am sure I could bother you with qeustions, lol!

Oh, I LOVE machine embroidery! Believe me you will get hooked! I have 4 embroidery machines, all Vikings. I now am doing my quilting with them. What fun! Here are some pictures of some pictures I embroidered. The 2nd one is counted cross stitch

counted cross stitch on the machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]141765[/ATTACH]

CarrieAnne 02-26-2011 05:58 AM

Wow, your work is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can only get HALF that good I would be proud !!!!!!!!!!