Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lesson Learned: When you see it, buy it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lesson-learned-when-you-see-buy-t214808.html)

Raggiemom 02-25-2013 05:10 AM

Lesson Learned: When you see it, buy it!

And I know this! I was looking at a piece from Robert Kaufman's La Scala 4 line at fabric.com over the weekend. I saw it at a LQS last week for $12.13 a yard. It was on sale at fabric.com for $8.38 a yard plus I would 15% off (thanks to those who told me about the THX113 coupon). There were 6 yards Saturday night and I kept dithering, do I REALLY need to buy more fabric? How much should I get if I do buy some? Well Sunday afternoon, my husband says why not buy all 6 yards? So I ran to the computer to do so, and it's sold out! Lesson learned the hard way. I really love the piece (green floral metallic gold jewel) and unfortunately will probably break down and buy someplace and pay more for it than I would have had to. So if you see a fabric you really like, buy it right then!

PurplePassion 02-25-2013 05:14 AM

Yep, that's what I do. I never regret buying fabric.

charity-crafter 02-25-2013 05:15 AM

Then you have the opposite, you love it, buy it and then 2 days later another store has it for 50% off. I've had that problem also. So either way, you'll get some sort of buyers remorse-not about buying the fabric just how much you paid for it.

Tartan 02-25-2013 05:38 AM

Darn I hate that!

Lori S 02-25-2013 05:42 AM

Oh ...I love that line of Fabric. I too have done what you did and regreted.. but have also hit the confirm order button too soon. Well if one thing is for sure now you really really want that fabric.

mighty 02-25-2013 07:25 AM

Oh boy, I have done the same thing. So Sorry!!!

GrannieAnnie 02-25-2013 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5886570)
And I know this! I was looking at a piece from Robert Kaufman's La Scala 4 line at fabric.com over the weekend. I saw it at a LQS last week for $12.13 a yard. It was on sale at fabric.com for $8.38 a yard plus I would 15% off (thanks to those who told me about the THX113 coupon). There were 6 yards Saturday night and I kept dithering, do I REALLY need to buy more fabric? How much should I get if I do buy some? Well Sunday afternoon, my husband says why not buy all 6 yards? So I ran to the computer to do so, and it's sold out! Lesson learned the hard way. I really love the piece (green floral metallic gold jewel) and unfortunately will probably break down and buy someplace and pay more for it than I would have had to. So if you see a fabric you really like, buy it right then!

been there, done that!

Charming 02-25-2013 08:30 AM

OMG i just looked at that fabric line and it had my name on every piece when staring at them....lol

Sorry you have missed ):

scisyb220 02-25-2013 08:36 AM

Check through FabShopHop.com search feature & see if it's available through another shop. Especially since they just had their blow out sale over the weekend, you might find what you need from one of the shops on there. I just did the same kind of dithering, should I get this, or do I really need it & talked myself out of getting some fabric, too. Good luck with your search!

Teeler 02-25-2013 08:37 AM

Beautiful line! If it's any consolation, there are other sites offering sale prices on the line...(not as good as the one you saw, but still less than retail). Sorry you missed a good sale!