Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Let's made ourselves a promise (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lets-made-ourselves-promise-t84774.html)

starlight 12-23-2010 04:02 PM

Going to be working late into the night finishing up a quilt for Christmas. I still have one more to go but have another week for DGS in Maine. We are going up there over the New Years weekend. No matter when I start I am like this every year.

suern3 12-23-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by featherweight
BTW, I had all my Christnas gifts done by Oct. 1st.2010, That is 2009 Christmas gifts.

You are too funny!

Pamper 12-23-2010 04:06 PM

I will start on Monday. But that is for my Granddaughter's 5th bday. Then I plan on making quilts and donating them to the Wounded Soldiers Home. I have several people promising to donate fabric and batting. This makes it all the more special. I am to new on here to ask for donations, and that is ok. Maybe sometime next year I will be able to. Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of you.

rebeccalr 12-23-2010 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Okay, I'm anal. I did start all my Christmas gifts in July and had them done by the end of October. Please don't throw things at me LOL!! I don't understand why people are still working on gifts today--Christmas is always December 25--every year--why stress? I really think some people love to "complain" oh I have to finish "x" amount by tomorrow. No you wouldn't if you'd have started earlier. Please don't get mad at me!! Like I said, I'm really anal and have to have things done in plenty of time. I'm also really slow quilting so it takes me longer than a day.
Peace & joy everyone!!

Good Lord have mercy, you sound like my husband. He always says I do things too late. It is because I have so many things to do everything I do is for right then, although, I bought material yesterday for next year's Christmas. Good luck to me!! Maybe I can start those next week. I actually got this Christmas' stuff finished yesterday. A whole 3 days early!!!

Susy 12-23-2010 04:57 PM

I made very few (quilted or sewing) gifts this year because last year was just too much stress and now I have all kinds(and stuff started) of ideas for next year, my plan is to just make stuff and put it in a pile and decide in Dec 2011!

wanderingcreek 12-23-2010 05:02 PM

I always plan to start early but it never happens that way as life seems to get in the way. I guess I kinda like pressure because I am still trying to get the last 2 quilts done before dinner tomorrow as that is when we will be opening the family gifts. I may be up all night but they will be under the tree when they get here.

craftyone27 12-23-2010 05:02 PM

I sure hope to have a better handle on all the holiday projects next year. This year my sewing room had become a storage room and catchall for the whole family. A few months ago my husband and kids help me clean out the extra stuff so I could actually sew. Now it is the storage room for Christmas gifts-LOL! Oh well, we'll start 2011 with the best of intentions and see how it goes! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

susie-susie-susie 12-23-2010 05:06 PM

I think I have everyone beat. I started quilts for my 5 grandchildren 4 years ago. I started early in the year and planned to have them done by Christmas--every year. Meanwhile the girls were done last year, but I wanted to give them all at the same time. The boys outgrew their's a couple of years ago, so I had to start over with 2 new patterns. I finished them 2-3 weeks ago. Does that count towards getting them done in plenty of time? lol
Sue

Blue Bell 12-23-2010 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by merridancer
Hah, Hah, Hah.

I need to start on January 1.

ditto

Shari1967 12-23-2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
that we'll start next year's Christmas gifts in July. No stress for next year.

My daughter and I love to do Christmas crafts. We make things for some family members. Sometimes it's not something big, but a little something. Then we like to make stuff for ourselves ;)

We decided this past week that we're gonna set aside a week in July and have "Christmas in July" We're going to get started on some crafts we didn't have time for this year :( I'm also going to use it as a time to make a decision as to what I'm going to make and give to my siblings, DH's siblings and the married nephews.

Not only will it give me a headstart but I'm hoping to be able to financially spread it all out :lol:

I don't know about everyone else but July to November goes really FAST for me and I do not like to be pressured in December. I like to enjoy the season - decorating the tree, baking, enjoying the lights and area things to do, etc....