Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's made ourselves a promise

that we'll start next year's Christmas gifts in July. No stress for next year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will you really plan that far ahead?
    I tend to get lots done when under pressure.

Blog Entries
    Hah, Hah, Hah.

I need to start on January 1.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I did start in July!! But I'm still behind. I'm starting in march this time.

Blog Entries
    I keep telling myself to start right after the first of the year, but it never works out that way! My DD's birthday was Nov 2 and I've been putting a box of goodies together for her. Besides notions and such, I made her reverable fall/Christmas tablerunner. Have I even sent it to her? Of course not! I still have plans to make coasters, mug rugs, placemats, etc. Do I have them made yet? NO......
    Oh...She did recently get a package of Fat Quarters but I had it sent directly from the internet site! I'm sooo bad!

Nor have I finished the Christmas Quilts I was going to give, and somehow, don't see that happening this Christmas!

Every year about this time, I think... next year I'm going to make a quilt for everyone in my family for their birthdays, but my mom's birthday is January 27th... I'll never get it done in time. so there goes the whole plan. tee hee

lol
    That's a great idea.

My problem is I always think of new things to make at the last minute!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I did start in July!! But I'm still behind. I'm starting in march this time.
    I did the same and it was still a stretch to get it all done. Maybe gift cards next year is the better plan.

I got some sale Christmas fabric, so plan on starting shortly after the first of the year. That way I can make one a month, and I'll be done by October. I make to many mistakes when I'm under stress.

Blog Entries
    Starting right away in January sounds reasonable...

However, I did that last year and still don't have Christmas things from last year done. :(

Best part is I CAN TRY AGAIN to get them done for next Christmas! :) :)

Banned
    On July I am at the lake...in September I am doing fall cleaning...my machine never comes out until October!

Okay, I'm anal. I did start all my Christmas gifts in July and had them done by the end of October. Please don't throw things at me LOL!! I don't understand why people are still working on gifts today--Christmas is always December 25--every year--why stress? I really think some people love to "complain" oh I have to finish "x" amount by tomorrow. No you wouldn't if you'd have started earlier. Please don't get mad at me!! Like I said, I'm really anal and have to have things done in plenty of time. I'm also really slow quilting so it takes me longer than a day.
    Peace & joy everyone!!

you're funny ;-)

not me, I like deadlines. I get more done when there is pressure!!

BTW, I had all my Christnas gifts done by Oct. 1st.2010, That is 2009 Christmas gifts.

Well, I started this year in July and I was finished about a month ago. I have always been one who worked best under pressure, but decided I'd try it differently this year. I highly recommend it. What a difference it made for me.

Blog Entries
    I don't have many people to give gifts to (sons, DH, two sisters) so have been just mostly making Xmas stuff for my new house, now my sister just informs me she wants a quilted cover for her Quisinart stand mixer and a juicer-I spent most of the afternoon yesterday (power outage all morning!) trying to draft a pattern for it (I have the same mixer) and figuring how to make it! Guess where I'll be until Xmas eve???? Yes, I will start early next year-or maybe just keep on making stuff since I have all the xmas fabs already out now!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraTX
    that we'll start next year's Christmas gifts in July. No stress for next year.
    I am definately starting earlier in 2011 than I did this year, although I made many of my gifts this Christmas and I have to say that it feels so good {to me} to give a special someone something that I created just for them! Just have to get started earlier next year! :mrgreen:

Great idea, I think I work better under pressure. I made my own cards and some of my Christmas gifts. I handmade a gift for each of the people that I work with (seven). I just finished them this morning. When we went on a trip last Spring, I took all my cardmaking supplies and had a grand old time making cards while DH and DS were out surfing.

Hah! I started in July this year and I'm still not done yet.

Going to be working late into the night finishing up a quilt for Christmas. I still have one more to go but have another week for DGS in Maine. We are going up there over the New Years weekend. No matter when I start I am like this every year.

Quote Originally Posted by featherweight
    BTW, I had all my Christnas gifts done by Oct. 1st.2010, That is 2009 Christmas gifts.
    You are too funny!

I will start on Monday. But that is for my Granddaughter's 5th bday. Then I plan on making quilts and donating them to the Wounded Soldiers Home. I have several people promising to donate fabric and batting. This makes it all the more special. I am to new on here to ask for donations, and that is ok. Maybe sometime next year I will be able to. Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Okay, I'm anal. I did start all my Christmas gifts in July and had them done by the end of October. Please don't throw things at me LOL!! I don't understand why people are still working on gifts today--Christmas is always December 25--every year--why stress? I really think some people love to "complain" oh I have to finish "x" amount by tomorrow. No you wouldn't if you'd have started earlier. Please don't get mad at me!! Like I said, I'm really anal and have to have things done in plenty of time. I'm also really slow quilting so it takes me longer than a day.
    Peace & joy everyone!!
    Good Lord have mercy, you sound like my husband. He always says I do things too late. It is because I have so many things to do everything I do is for right then, although, I bought material yesterday for next year's Christmas. Good luck to me!! Maybe I can start those next week. I actually got this Christmas' stuff finished yesterday. A whole 3 days early!!!

I made very few (quilted or sewing) gifts this year because last year was just too much stress and now I have all kinds(and stuff started) of ideas for next year, my plan is to just make stuff and put it in a pile and decide in Dec 2011!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast