Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   On line quilting classes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/line-quilting-classes-t173298.html)

appliquequiltdesigns 12-26-2011 09:22 PM

On line quilting classes

I am considering talking a on line quilting classes at Craftsy.com. Have any of you taken on-line classes with them or any other places. What was your experence? Was it worth the money? Was it hard to follow the directions?

Janie

nancia 12-26-2011 09:31 PM

i have viewed many you-tube tutorials, but have not taken any classes. i, too would like to know if anyone has done it and had success. we'll see who answers!

Prettiptibbs 12-26-2011 11:06 PM

I have taken the Quilting Quickly courses taught by Jenny Doan From Missouri Star Quilt on Craftsy. I also signed up for the machine quilting course but I found out that this is for those of us who Free motion quilt on a domestic sewing machine. The ones taught by Jenny are very informative and she makes it fun. But on the other hand , if you just want a quick tutorial, go to their website or You tube and get them free!

sewbeadit 12-27-2011 01:16 AM

I have signed up for two different classes the past month and have been to busy to do anything but pay for them! The good thing is it is always on there so can go back and do it later.

michelehuston 12-27-2011 03:53 AM

I have only done the 'free' ones on u tube, but please let us know if it is worth the money.

Drue 12-27-2011 05:44 AM

I signed up for one on Craftsy at the first of the month, but haven't had time to take mine either...just pay for it. Right now my machine is still in the shop being serviced, so when I get it back, I am hoping to put this class to good use. It's on FMQing, of which I am not very good,so I am hoping to improve my skills there. I guess we'll see if I get my money's worth in the new year.

TexasSunshine 12-27-2011 05:46 AM

I have signed up for the Quilting Quickly classes by Jennie Doan (excellent teacher). I have the first class for beginners, very easy to follow and great info and just bought the Quilting Quickly II because it was only $19.99, half price. I recommend them. Once you buy them you can assess them anytime, no time limit.

skowron5 12-27-2011 05:51 AM

I got the Crafsty class on fmq. I can't think of the name of who does it, but I go back to it all the time. I buy them when they are on sale. She also has a pictorial class I bought I have watched it, but not tried to make one yet.

featherweight 12-27-2011 05:54 AM

I won a class from Craftsy at a craft show but, have yet to do it. I keep saying,"One of these days" I need to put this on the to do list and soon...

Sunnye 12-27-2011 06:22 AM

I just bought three of the classes this week on sale for $19.99 each. I know but it's just money, right?
I got the Stupendous Stitching, Quilting Quickly and Paper Piecing. I just looked at the beginning of the Stupendous Stitching last night. It looks good. I have to make sure I have all the materials to begin. But it looks like it should be good; at least at those prices. I wouldn't pay full price for them no matter how good they might be.