Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A little early, but what are your New Year's resolutions? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/little-early-but-what-your-new-years-resolutions-t284439.html)

luvstoquilt 12-14-2016 04:39 PM

2015 I resolved to finish my UFOs. I did that!

2016 I resolved to finish my quilts. I did that and donated over 20 to abused women.

2017 my resolve is to make all of the kits I have accumulated! Bet I will get them done. Making resolutions is a good way to get things done. I try not to over burden myself with them but I do need that extra "push".

Doggramma 12-14-2016 05:22 PM

One is the same every year - - make more quilts!

also, I'm really going to start cleaning out all the stuff in this house

pojo 12-14-2016 06:02 PM

I quit buying yardage about 4 years ago.

don't need anything.

I Like looking at the new fabric

But Happy Healthy New Year to you.

Sandygirl 12-14-2016 06:38 PM

I must get back to a routine of excercise and eating healthier. For months I have been junking it out with food. I will be 60 later in 2017 and ten pounds have to come off. 15 if I am disciplined.

I also want to socialize more with friends. It is too easy to just hang at home. Of course that means I am sewing!

Sandy

marge954 12-14-2016 07:15 PM

My only resolution is to change an unrealistic expectation into a reachable goal. I told myself I'd walk an hour each day this year and totally failed. I probably walked 30 times the whole year which really frustrated me. So I am committing to walking 30 minutes on my treadmill each day next year.

SarahBethie 12-15-2016 03:29 AM

I don't make resolutions but elect to set personal challenges instead. I did very well this year and I haven't prepared my list for 2017. Finding community is definitely on my to-do list for the coming year.

paoberle 12-15-2016 03:59 AM

I plan to spend as much time as possible outside, hiking, exploring new trails. As for sewing/quilting I have a few UFO's to finish before I start anything new.

Wanabee Quiltin 12-15-2016 05:26 AM

I don't think of them as resolutions but as a new way of life. I plan on traveling more as we bought a lovely RV that is only two feet longer than a pickup truck with a bath and small kitchen and a slide. I want to continue getting rid of things in our home that no longer are needed, I want empty drawers and closets. I want to make one quilt out of my lovely new fabric and then repair a vintage quilt that I've bought or finish my few UFO's. I want to learn how to sew more on my long arm (if it will work). Maybe some people would call them goals, but I think of these ideas as something to look forward to and if I can't do them all, that's OK too.

rj.neihart 12-15-2016 06:00 AM

I don't really have any New years resolutions. I take one day at a time, do the best I can while still alive, and if another day comes, same thing. Every challenge that arrives, it's cared for, nurtured, and I pick up things as they need to be done.

Fizzle 12-15-2016 06:20 AM

Clean up better in-between projects (not necessarily just sewing ones). Get rid of 37 years accumulation of STUFF and stop bringing more stuff in!! And I would like to finish just ONE project in a timely fashion!! !!