Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long arm prices too high??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-arm-prices-too-high-t80241.html)

materialgrl 12-05-2010 12:12 PM

sew mom Pm when you are going and I will try and meet you there.I t will be great fun to meet some one on the board. I called her and read her the comments, I have been trying to get there all week.

roseville353 12-05-2010 03:14 PM

Those are super great prices for an overall pattern. The usual charge is $0.01 per square inch and up to $0.05 for custom. Additional charges for cutting, ironing, specialty thread or any extra work that needs to be done, if you have done it.
Annie

Momof3Es 12-06-2010 10:04 AM

I've talked to them and it's ok with them if I share their info. They don't have internet so you would have to call them and then ship it to them. I hope it's ok from the admin of this board if not plz just delete the post don't ban me please!
Brubaker Sewing & Furniture
Withee, Wisconsin
(715)229-2851
My piece of paper with the prices and address grew legs (posibly 6 of them (3kids)). Any other questions let me know.
Please keep in mind that I am not getting any royalties or the like from this! They barely know who I am. So I am just sharing a great find. I don't want to get banned from here!

Bonita 12-06-2010 03:07 PM

Most of our LA quilters charge by the square inch. The last queen size quilt I had done cost me over $200 to have quilted. Does your source take mail in orders?

bjdemir 12-06-2010 06:39 PM

I just paid $164 to have a 99 x 108 quilt free motion quilted on a long are here in the Portland, Oregon area. This gal does not use any patterns at all. Just what comes to her mind as she looks as the quilt. Absolutely beautiful job! So I would say your prices are VERY reasonable. I was actually pleased with my price as I have had a 38 x 36 wall hanging quilted for $70. Won't be using her anymore.

Momof3Es 12-07-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bonita
Most of our LA quilters charge by the square inch. The last queen size quilt I had done cost me over $200 to have quilted. Does your source take mail in orders?

Yes they will do mail orders. Just give them a call!

Robinlee 12-07-2010 12:02 PM

Wish i've gone there...........they are low. I paid 165.00 for a king and I supplied the batting in ND (the one in my avitar). Then on my 1980 quilt, it was the same price and it wasn't as much quilting. I paid, because I wanted them done, and the first was a gift. So how is this compared to some of the other LAQ's out there?

ljsunflower 12-07-2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Momof3Es
I've talked to them and it's ok with them if I share their info. They don't have internet so you would have to call them and then ship it to them. I hope it's ok from the admin of this board if not plz just delete the post don't ban me please!
Brubaker Sewing & Furniture
Withee, Wisconsin
(715)229-2851
My piece of paper with the prices and address grew legs (posibly 6 of them (3kids)). Any other questions let me know.
Please keep in mind that I am not getting any royalties or the like from this! They barely know who I am. So I am just sharing a great find. I don't want to get banned from here!

Thanks so much for this info!
And I'm sure you won't get banned from here. EVERYONE was asking who this was that did your quilting. We wanted to know!

ArtisticDesign 12-07-2010 12:51 PM

I have found a lady around the corner from me who charges 40$ for a queen and 50$ for a king. It's a straight meander, no binding, I bought my own batting (which i prefer), she supplied the thread.. I have no idea if its a long arm,short or mid arm ( I don't know the difference)Nor do I know for sure if that price is as excellent as I think it is....All I know is that I can't quilt those sizes on my machine and I couldn't afford 100-300$ for someone to do it...So this works for me, for now..
And I tipped her good lol

Caryn 12-07-2010 05:29 PM

there are tricks to the trade using a regular sew.machine or midarm machine without frame...for one thing it takes practice. and it is not easy rolling up that quilt and throwing it over your shoulder to sew. one thing i like to do is the quilt as you go quilts...that way i get what i want and save alot of money to boot. also dont have to wait for a long period of time to get it done. there is very little wasted fabric or batting doing this either. personally i would love to have a long arm machine and frame but the machinery is just to expensive.