Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Long-Armer Ruined my Quilt -- What to do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/long-armer-ruined-my-quilt-what-do-t82413.html)

Cat18 12-22-2010 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower
I don't know. Maybe it's just me but this whole situation seems hinky to me.
The OP comes on here & tells us her quilt has been 'ruined', others want to practically bankrupt this longarmer (that no one knows for sure made a hole in the quilt) & the OP comes back with one post since then???
I know I am a cynical person but doesn't anyone else think it's a bit strange??
There's been some very pertinent questions asked of the OP but she's not answering anything. Hello? Where are you?

There's nothing "hinky." I just don't get on this Board with time to participate more than once or sometimes twice a week.

The LA has not returned my call. I have heard nothing back from Ebay, even though their e-mail response said I would hear back from them in 3 days.

The quilt was returned in an undamaged box, insured (as I requested and paid extra for). I already explained how I'm going to fix the hole (i.e., with a "heart" patch and a note to the giftee).

I haven’t bashed the LA. I just explained my situation, admittedly while I was on the verge of crying over the hole, and asked for advice. I’m pretty sure how the hole happened – I have a long-arm machine for personal use and I’ve made the same mistake on a quilt or two of my own. BUT, there’s a big difference between “damaging” your own quilt and having one returned to you “damaged” by the LA without any acknowledgement from the LA. (Notice I’ve changed “ruined” to “damaged?” lol) All the suggestions reassured me that my quilt wasn’t ruined and could, in fact, be repaired.

Actually, I’m feeling put-out by insinuations that I’ve done something wrong by initiating this topic. I don’t think I will do so again.

So, thank you all again for your suggestions. I’m sure many of us have learned a lot about how to make repairs to a quilt.

Happy Holidays to all!

kathidahl 12-22-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cat18

The OP comes on here & tells us her quilt has been 'ruined', others want to practically bankrupt this longarmer (that no one knows for sure made a hole in the quilt) & the OP comes back with one post since then???
There's been some very pertinent questions asked of the OP but she's not answering anything. Hello? Where are you?

There's nothing "hinky." I just don't get on this Board with time to participate more than once or sometimes twice a week.

The LA has not returned my call. I have heard nothing back from Ebay, even though their e-mail response said I would hear back from them in 3 days.

The quilt was returned in an undamaged box, insured (as I requested and paid extra for). I already explained how I'm going to fix the hole (i.e., with a "heart" patch and a note to the giftee).

I haven’t bashed the LA. I just explained my situation, admittedly while I was on the verge of crying over the hole, and asked for advice. I’m pretty sure how the hole happened – I have a long-arm machine for personal use and I’ve made the same mistake on a quilt or two of my own. BUT, there’s a big difference between “damaging” your own quilt and having one returned to you “damaged” by the LA without any acknowledgement from the LA. (Notice I’ve changed “ruined” to “damaged?” lol) All the suggestions reassured me that my quilt wasn’t ruined and could, in fact, be repaired.

Actually, I’m feeling put-out by insinuations that I’ve done something wrong by initiating this topic. I don’t think I will do so again.

So, thank you all again for your suggestions. I’m sure many of us have learned a lot about how to make repairs to a quilt.

Happy Holidays to all!

You were ok to post the topic...some people got a bit carried away with their answer...but then, any of us, when we have put lots of time and heart and soul into a project might react in haste and I think some of the posts reflect this.
Anyway, I think that airing this topic was good for all of us.

patdesign 12-25-2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Cat18

Happy Holidays to all!

I am happy to see you set some of the posters straight. I felt that some of the posts were condeming you for asking help for a problem. I haven't been able to get on line for days at a time, and felt that some people were jumping to conclusions. May your holidays be blessed. :D

gale 12-25-2010 07:52 AM

Here's what I saw. The OP posted about her problem, a bunch of people posted what they would do, and then some blamed the OP for what others posted. Not fair at all.

featherweight 12-25-2010 09:00 AM

Please post a photo when you make the repair. I think that is an awsome idea for us if we make the same mistake. Happy Holidays to all on the QB!!!