Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for baby quilt ideas............ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-baby-quilt-ideas-t263896.html)

CarolinePaj 04-12-2015 02:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the very hungry caterpillar quilts I have made..... My grandson loves his one!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]516704[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]516705[/ATTACH]

Hugs

Caroline

Mitch's Gram 04-12-2015 04:01 PM

I like rail fence, log cabin and any type of star quilts for babies and color really doesn't matter, but shades of green are very popular with either sex. When my niece had her second girl, she wanted sage green. That works so well with a boy.

When my DD was pregnant with our grandson, she didn't want anything with a babyish look, so I used all homespun fabric and plaids with a couple of neutrals and used stars. It definitely had nothing to do with a baby, except for the size, but it was more masculine. It could have changed the fabrics and made it gender neutral or feminine.

This is another I've made that I think makes a great one for scrap fabrics, but could use any fabric group for any baby.

Never mind, it appears that it doesn't want to show my photo, but if anyone wanted to click on the site under my signature, it will show my photos of my quilts and it's one of them there.

copycat 04-13-2015 03:04 AM

Easy and Fast baby quilt

With a baby shower in 6 weeks, this quilt is super fast, especially if you use the charm packs! I have this pattern on my bucket list.

twinkie 04-13-2015 03:06 AM

I love the pinwheel pattern and also the alphabet one.

copycat 04-13-2015 03:12 AM

Easy and Fast baby quilt

With a baby shower in 6 weeks, this quilt is super fast, especially if you use the charm packs! I have this pattern on my bucket list.
The name of the pattern is Speedy Baby 2. It is a free pattern.

Basic Quilt: Speedy Baby 2 - School Girl Samplers
www.schoolgirlsamplers.com

southernmema 04-13-2015 03:33 AM

Congrats on becoming a GGM! There are so many good suggestions from many, I know you will find the perfect one to make.

LavenderBlue 04-13-2015 04:39 AM

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and ideas! Copycat, I love that pattern!

solstice3 04-13-2015 05:19 AM

If they have a theme ... Owls, bugs, Disney ... Google coloring book pages. I just finished an owl and had a hoot 😏doing it! I have been wanting to post but my computer is acting funny.

Texas_Sue 04-13-2015 05:24 AM

Cute quilt SewNso! This is a precious baby quilt.

Texas_Sue 04-13-2015 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven (Post 7162063)
Here is one that I am currently working on. I am hand quilting around all the letters. The original panel came from Ethelbird but I cut it apart and added to it to make it my own. I used all bright colors and tried to keep it gender friendly. Hope this helps.

Precious! Panels are our friends!