Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for a man pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-man-pattern-t57465.html)

littlehud 08-02-2010 05:28 PM

I made my son a log cabin and he loved it.

Bubblegum0077 08-02-2010 05:34 PM

Oh you are too funny clem.

Anyone have the perfect man? Do they really exist?

I am trying to find a pattern for the patriotic quilt I am planning to give to my son. I just got the McCalls Quilting Sept/Oct 2010 magazine and on page 50 is a pattern called Dream Catcher. I thought about using different prints for each diamond block. The pattern looks simple yet attractive. What do you think?

Got another quilt magazine today but haven't looked at it yet.

knlsmith 08-03-2010 12:18 AM

My hubby is pretty darn close to perfect. But seems to suffer from PMS once in awhile! How dare he take our (women) reason for being cranky. LOL

teacherbailey 08-03-2010 02:34 AM

I have made lots for my son; any pattern except applique seems to be fine since it's the fabrics that you use, not the pattern usually. His favorite, though, is a whole-cloth quilt (I sewed two 2 1/2 yard lengths together longways) in a wonderful, action-packed basketball print...and backed it in solid black. Some quick crosshatching to hold it all together and it was done. 12 years later, many washings later and it's still going strong. I learned then that taking the time to piece was lost on him!!!! BTW----I always make his quilts extra long since he is 6'6" so don't use my 2.5 yard measure unless you want really huge quilts!

quiltmom04 08-03-2010 04:14 AM

I did a kaliedescope in shades of brown and cream for my son.

Mz.D 08-03-2010 04:21 AM

I have a 36 year old son...and am planning on making him one using the "Tall Ships" pattern...on muslum with burgandy and navy.. :)

Originally Posted by jfifer
My son wants me to make him a quilt. I have asked what kind and he responded " I don't Care" So My question is What kind of quilt pattern do I do for a 28 years old? I would like for it to be manly. Please help.

libertykm 08-03-2010 04:47 AM

I say the tshirt quilt. I made one for my grandson and he is absolutely thrilled with it. He has told me at least 7 times how much he loves the quilt. At 28, he should have many tshirts to make a great quilt. I was lucky. I caught my grandsons tshirts just one day before they were to go to Goodwill.

Annaquilts 08-03-2010 04:48 AM

Log cabin

JAGSD 08-03-2010 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jfifer
My son wants me to make him a quilt. I have asked what kind and he responded " I don't Care" So My question is What kind of quilt pattern do I do for a 28 years old? I would like for it to be manly. Please help.

Here is one I made for my brother-in-law using a panel, (any panel could be used) (He is a hunting guide) if you're interested I will try and find the pattern or at least the information where I got it.

OmaForFour 08-03-2010 05:49 AM

I just did a bears paw with a flying geese border in blue and white for my grandson. Beautiful!