Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for memory/photo quilt pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-memory-photo-quilt-pattern-t193781.html)

narnianquilter 12-12-2012 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo (Post 5344928)
I just finished this quilt for my friend's 70th birthday. I went to Picasa and collaged each group of pictures I wanted to showcase. Each collage was printed on my ink jet printer using 8.5" X 11.5" Printed Treasures fabric. When all were printed, I just sashed around them and then arranged them in a pleasing design. I added 3D pinwheel blocks in two corners, writing memories underneath the 3D part. I quilted around the individual photos in the collages. I realize blue and green is a somewhat unusual color combination, but they were our high school colors.

I've attached close-ups of a couple of the individual blocks so you can see what I mean. The size of the quilt just evolved as I worked with the pictures I wanted to use. It turned out 64" X 66.5".

This is genius!! I have a quilt I am just starting and the lady wants 88 pictures in it! Outside of a lot of ink I wasn't sure I could make it visually work, but this totally saved me! Thanks so much for sharing this!

suziehammond 12-13-2012 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one I did for my hubby's 60th BD. starting with his early pics , university, meeting me, our kids, daughter's wedding, and a few professional shots (he is a musical conductor/composer). Sorry I cut off the bottom of the photo-it is balanced with a full photo and a bit of red and black border so it is finished.

Because this was going on the wall I wanted the photos on point like a scattering of photos for visual interest. (This is sooo easy to do--just make a huge border around the block then slap your square up ruler on it and twist it a bit.) I also took some creme fabric and printed out favorite sayings from his life and appliqued them on. And a little red for interest. Had all the guests to his party sign the back.

Nmussell 01-05-2013 02:08 PM

Memory Quilt

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5676217)
Here is mine! I think.

what is the name of this pattern? I love it!

texasbreezie 02-24-2013 10:08 PM

Where can I buy this book? I am new to quilting. I need to make one for a Lady who was a member of our Volunteer Fire Department, she lost everything when her house burned. She retired just last year she is 82 years old and was given a memory quilt by the fire dept which was destroyed in the fire, she lost everything. I am giving her a house warming soon when she moves into her new home, and wish to make her the memory quilt again. Can you help me?
Thanks much
Judy

gramajo 02-25-2013 04:33 AM

My DD used Andrea T. Funk's "How to Make a Too-Cool T=Shirt Quilt" to make mine. She got it from Amazon. An earlier poster said it was available from the author's website also.

texasbreezie 02-26-2013 08:50 AM

thank you so much! I am new to this board and took me 3 hours to find this blog. BUT, I got side tracked reading all of the posts. I will remember to bookmark it this time lol I learn more here than I have from quilting classes I love this board.
Judy

SewLove2Quilt 11-04-2013 09:48 AM

Hi!! I have made a memory quilt before but it was from a pattern. Does anybody know of a site that has patterns to download for making memory quilts? Thanks!