Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking for the name of this quilt pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-name-quilt-pattern-t296740.html)

mac 05-08-2018 07:33 AM

Boy do I feel dumb! I couldn't figure out what the 'BQ' stood for. I looked and looked on the website and still didn't see what the BQ stood for. Then it hit me that I had been reading Big Quilts over and over and didn't see the connection. My only excuse is that I haven't finished my first cup of coffee yet. I had better drink faster.

Your picture does certainly look like the BQ series. However, I have to say that I like your picture the best in all of the series. It is very colorful and seems that it would be easy to do and easy to make up your own pattern.

If you do find the pattern, let us know. Thanks.

wildyard 05-08-2018 11:12 AM

Ditto on wanting the measurements, etc. Maybe we can start a thread of everyone making this pattern quilt. It would be fun to do together under yolajean's tutelage.
Any takers?

ChesKat 05-08-2018 01:04 PM

Tumbling blocks, or tumbling charm block... except it uses strips with same color, I like your way with 2 color strip.

peaceandjoy 05-08-2018 03:36 PM

Although I'm not terribly familiar with the BQ quilts, I don't think this would be one of their patters as the "large" block in this is a charm square. Aren't their patterns made with larger pieces?

Jannie 05-08-2018 06:32 PM

I don't know the name bout will be watching this thread to see if anyone comes up with the name. I really like your quilt.

Jules51 05-08-2018 06:57 PM

Beautiful quilt! I have made many of the BQ patterns and they use larger pieces in their squares depending on the size of quilt made. I really like the idea of using scrappy blocks instead of all one color. I might have to borrow that idea!! Thanks for sharing! Would love to know the name of that pattern!

Tiggersmom 05-08-2018 07:55 PM

I saw this pattern done in 30s but I can't remember the name of it.
I like your version.

yolajean 05-09-2018 04:41 AM

I found the name of this quilt. It is Zig Zag Zoom by Mary Ann Attendorf and featured on alwaysquiltingonline.com.

mac 05-09-2018 07:23 AM

I had to laugh at myself because I looked up 'alwaysquiltingonline.com' (thank you, Yolajean) and found out that the pattern was $10, which is a great price. However, shipping and tax was going to be another $9. I thought the name of the shop sounded familiar and realized that they are only 50 miles from me. I've been to the store before and it is a fun store to shop in. So I thought, 'why not just go there and same the $9?

Out of curiosity I figured what it would cost me in gas and the cost would be $15.50. Of course, if you go to a quilt shop you like, you are going to come home with more fabric. I was suddenly reminded of the saying, "PENNY WISE AND POUND FOOLISH"! I think I will just order it. At the moment they have 11 patterns in stock.

Quiltngolfer 05-09-2018 08:02 AM

It’s gorgeous!