Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Is this looking okay? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-okay-t269230.html)

ruby2shoes 08-26-2015 01:23 AM

Is this looking okay?

2 Attachment(s)
Oh dear, you will be sick of me and my question after question after question but I'm kind of on my own with this P & Q thing and learning as I go...so here goes with another question...and I've got my blushing happening already in anticipation of "newbie-ness"!

So this is my chevron quilt in progress, using my walking foot and a 50 weight cotton thread...I've been doing straight line quilting and am about 1/4 of the way through and am starting to look at it and wonder...does it look okay....the back looks fabulous but the top sort of looks...I don't know......"foofed up" and moreso on the white fabric than the blues. I've googled pictures of chevron quilts and my stitching sort of looks the same but...what do you think? I wanted a fairly close quilting as this is going to be for my little grandson and I wanted "quilt survival" (!!). I was careful not to stretch the fabric whilst sewing...simply smoothing it as I go,,,does it look as though I need to re-do it? I'm wringing my hands wondering and I really need some learned professional opinions to help me.

katier825 08-26-2015 01:26 AM

Very pretty! I think it looks fine. Once you wash it and it crinkles up a bit, you probably won't even notice the things that bother you now.

NJ Quilter 08-26-2015 01:41 AM

I agree...I think it looks great. Did you use a polyester batting? That could be giving you the 'poof' you mention. For flatter looking quilts, I would suggestion 100% cotton; silk; wool batts. But as katier825 says...once it's washed, you'll never notice what is bothering you now.

mawluv 08-26-2015 01:48 AM

Looks great to me! Beautiful quilt!!

ruby2shoes 08-26-2015 02:01 AM

Thanks everyone for the hand holding.......
Hmm, it just looks to me as though the fabric is sort of...twisted or not lying flat/straight from one line of stitching to the other line? Could it just be the closeness of the stitching lines in combination with it being stitched in "v's"?

NJ Quilter, I used 80/20 wool poly which I used in my previous quilt which was a double bed size made of HSTs and I didn't get this sort of fabric "slant".

stitchingcrazy 08-26-2015 02:02 AM

Same here. It looks fab as is. You have done a great job, be proud. Every reason has been put forward so carry on. I would be more than happy with beautiful quilting.

Quiltngolfer 08-26-2015 03:10 AM

It looks great! You are right on target.

JeannieT 08-26-2015 03:29 AM

Yes, agree with everyone else...it looks great.

Plumtree 08-26-2015 03:42 AM

It looks fantastic!! I love the all the blues :-)

earthwalker 08-26-2015 03:44 AM

You are doing beautifully, so stop stressing and try and enjoy the process. Quilting is FUN, ok:).