Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Looking to restart my quilting life after my move to CA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/looking-restart-my-quilting-life-after-my-move-ca-t225383.html)

PenniF 07-09-2013 07:57 AM

Looks like you are on your way to finding new quilting friends. Wishing you all the very very best for the future.

kauailover 07-09-2013 08:06 AM

Welcome from Rescue, near Cameron Park. Pm me and we can talk. I am working with the local Project Linus group and we would love to have you join. There is also a guild in Placerville.

Hulalulu 07-09-2013 09:14 AM

Any local quilt shops around? If one offers classes, that's a great way to meet quilters who live nearby. Working in a LQS, can vouch for friendships developed over classes lasting alone time, and introductions to others through those classmates broadening your community. Good luck on your move, since you are reaching out you will surely be successful.

BRenea 07-09-2013 09:47 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like you are on the path of healing and I hope you find some quilters to connect with. I also suggest treating yourself to a nice quilting space and visiting your local quilt shops for some new fabrics and goodies. Be good to yourself, wishing you the best of luck.

auntjo 07-09-2013 12:40 PM

Thank you all for your best wishes and welcomes to CA. Have PM'd a few of you that are nearby so that we may be able to chat or get together.

laynak - excellent idea, once I get my sewing studio together. Maybe those of us that are close can all meet each other if the others haven't met each other yet. It's amazing how small the world becomes as we get older...

ManiacQuilter2 07-09-2013 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom (Post 6166326)
Welcome back to California. I wish I was closer to you, I would love to have a quilting buddy.

Welcome back to California too !! Wish you were in So California but then as big as our state is, it is hard being close to almost anything. Enjoy the weather. NOT as HOT as in AZ!!

Dolphyngyrl 07-09-2013 04:46 PM

Welcome back to CA, wished you were closer

weezie 07-10-2013 04:43 AM

Auntjo, you and I were part of the same group doing the "Farmer's Wife Sampler", during which time your husband passed away. I have thought about you often since then. I'm sending my very best wishes to you for happiness in your new home and with new friends.

quilterpatty 07-10-2013 06:50 AM

I live in Somerset which is near Placerville. I belong to ASG (American Sewing Guild) it is a great quilting, sewing group of women. I think you would really like it. There is also a group of women that get together in Placerville called "Sew for Vets" it is a lot of fun and a worthwhile group. It is the first Tuesday and the second Thursday of the month at the Veterans Memorial Building in Placerville on Placerville Drive. ASG has many small groups some in Eldorado Hills, Folsom, Placerville and Jackson. Try one of their groups, you will love them. I don't go very often anymore because of a ailing husband. I do go to the Sew For Vets and I know they would love to have you. Hope to see you there.
Pat

auntjo 07-10-2013 07:17 AM

hey Weezie, Missin all you gals too! I might even get to finishing the Farmer's Wife Quilt this summer after I get my studio at least to the point of being usable. Still have the last 5 blocks to go, tho have chunks of it sewn together w/the sashing & cornerstones & had it hung in my classroom pinned to a sheet when I taught a "Geometry in art" quilting class at the last HS I taught at. Otherwise it has been on my design wall as I just love to look at it. It was so much fun working on it w/everyone here. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.