Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   At a loss.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/loss-t173393.html)

Fabriclovr 12-30-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pepita (Post 4823042)
Oh, camo has changed. Camo is camoflage for the area that the soldier or hunter is in. In the artic it is white, and grey. For the dessert it is the color of sand. You get the idea.

Yes, camo has changed! My daughter has 3 differant types depending on the duty she is standing. On the water, she is in her blue digies, on the land, she is in her green camos, at the beach, she can be either in her sand or her blue. She is an MA2, Petty Officer, 2nd Class, Master at Arms (military cop) so she is everywhere on the island, so depending on her duty that night, she could be standing watch on a hillside or arresting shoplifters at the PX! AND she has her office uniform when she is on duty as the night supervisor... she has more military 'camo' than we do regular street cloths, so I know camo and have sewn her rank on each and every one of them.

As for this baby quilt, it is for her friend who loves to hunt, hens the RealTree camo that they choose from the RealTree Website and sent to me. The finished top is posted above.

:)

QuiltE 12-30-2011 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4824198)
PERSONAL OBSERVATION: I truly appreciate all of the comments, but does no one read through the entire post or the complete post? I posted the completed top and I am still getting comments on where to find the fabric or what type of pattern I should use and even a description as to what camo is.. I don't understand why people are still posting after the fact that it is already done. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I'm so with you on that!!! ..... It seems that reading has gone the way of the dinosaur, doesn't it?

Fabriclovr 12-30-2011 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4824236)
I'm so with you on that!!! ..... It seems that reading has gone the way of the dinosaur, doesn't it?

I think it has, either that or people are so busy that they can't bother and just 'asume' and you know what asume does dont you? It makes and ass out of u and me.. think about it! as u me

Nanamoms 12-30-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4824198)
PERSONAL OBSERVATION: I truly appreciate all of the comments, but does no one read through the entire post or the complete post? I posted the completed top and I am still getting comments on where to find the fabric or what type of pattern I should use and even a description as to what camo is.. I don't understand why people are still posting after the fact that it is already done. Can someone enlighten me on this?

I sincerely apologize for responding to your post. I was one who had not read to the end which I usually do but I have had my very active DGD here so I took a chance and responded. You can certainly choose NOT to read any further on your thread, of course, but lots of times other posters follow threads for information for themselves.

I believe there is an option (check with PatriceJ) where you can "lock" your thread if you don't want any further comments. Once again, I sincerely apologize for offending you!!

Fabriclovr 12-30-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms (Post 4824396)
Once again, I sincerely apologize for offending you!!

You did not offend me, it was, as I stated, it was an observation of many so many threads I have read on this board. No one takes the time to read the entire thread and makes comments based solely on the 1st post. Guess I am questioning why someone would make a comment on a thread without reading the whole thread and all the responses first.

dublb 12-30-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fabriclovr (Post 4824747)
You did not offend me, it was, as I stated, it was an observation of many so many threads I have read on this board. No one takes the time to read the entire thread and makes comments based solely on the 1st post. Guess I am questioning why someone would make a comment on a thread without reading the whole thread and all the responses first.

This board is so big that sometimes it's hard to read everything. I personally try to only reply to a thread that I've read every post but that isn't always possible. If I haven't read every post, I now will state that I haven't read it all. But when I first joined the board I didn't. I usually find that my reply has changed if I read everything. Most threads that have multiple pages I just read the first few pages then go to another thread. I do understand when people post without reading the rest of the thread.

charity-crafter 12-30-2011 04:51 PM

Wow, you work fast. The top is really nice. The colors go together really well and nothing is too overpowering.
Glad you daughter likes it.

valsma 12-31-2011 12:31 PM

Although it isn't something I woul choose color wise, I really like the way you did it. Looks lovely. Great job.