Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lost in my sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-my-sewing-room-t191838.html)

jcrow 06-15-2012 08:23 AM

Lost in my sewing room

I lost a box in my sewing room and cannot find it anywhere. My brother came over yesterday and I thought a new pair of eyes would find it. I opened the door to my room and he said "don't you ever clean your room"? I told him it was clean. I proceeded to show him how I had no room to put anything anywhere but where it was. He laughed. But he couldn't find the box either. He said if I cleaned it up I would find it. I know if I straightened it up, I would misplace more things. lol

crafty pat 06-15-2012 08:26 AM

I am with you there. I know where I put things but if anyone goes in and moves anything I might never find it again. I am the same way about my kitchen.

bearisgray 06-15-2012 08:26 AM

But think of the treasures you might find in the process!

(I find all sorts of things I had forgotten about when rearranging/cleaning - but not always the object of my search!)

Hope you find what you are looking for.

ptquilts 06-15-2012 08:27 AM

Maybe you have "borrowers".....

sweet 06-15-2012 08:30 AM

I feel your pain.....

BellaBoo 06-15-2012 08:48 AM

I'm in the process of redoing an adjacent room next to my sewing room. So guess where all the room's stuff was stored? I can barely walk through to my sewing machine. Everything is piled on piles. I will never try to redo a house one room at a time while living in it. I know I can't get to anything even if I knew where it was. LOL

quiltsRfun 06-15-2012 09:07 AM

I can relate. I've got a couple of" lost" rulers and some fabric in mine right now. :)

sharon b 06-15-2012 09:11 AM

I started a clean up project "found " all kinds of new neat things I forgot I had - now need to cut up my scraps - I understand what you are saying once I clean up I can't find anything ..... :shock:

WilliP 06-15-2012 09:12 AM

I am in the process myself --- I set up a folding table today and put baskets under and on it --so far I have found three tape measurers of both types (cloth and metal); six packages of the same brand and size of hanmd sewing needles; 6 (yes, I recounted a few times) half yard pieces of the same fabric --- next quilts main fabric I am thinking;
my eyeglasses; two magnifying glasses; 12 sharpies; two rolls of Press 'n Seal; two rolls of freezer paper; an unopened pack of printer inks ($67 a pop); and doubles on one quilt magazine --- now I can gift my sister instead of worrying about wheter I will get my copy back. LOL. And that is just starting. I think I need to get my plastic drawers from storage and when they are full Get another set. LOL I know I only started to find my glasses, but I am sure there must be some money in this too! ROFL

QuiltnNan 06-15-2012 09:29 AM

i bought a gift for my g'kids and for 2 christmases, i could not find it. since i just moved, i found it!! now, i definitely don't recommend moving :)