Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lost Quilt! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lost-quilt-t149749.html)

Tori Syverson 09-03-2011 09:39 AM

Sorry about the quilt, but there is still hope. My son is in Boston, MA in college and I sent him a shirt that was supposed to arrive on Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. He just got in on Friday. I thought that the hurricane had swallowed it up for sure, but it got there safely 3 days late.

Marge L. 09-03-2011 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Deb, I wouldn't give up on it. I use USPS a lot and have never (shouldn't say that!) had anything lost yet.
I better go knock on my wood table lol

Best wishes to your SIL.

Don't give up too soon. I recently made some placemats to my son in CA. Three wks. later they still hadn't arrived. Was nearly another wk. and I got the pkg. back. Somewhere along the line the postal sticker w/ the address on came off. My return one stayed on and that's how it came back. From now on the address will be written on the pkg. itself. Don't give up. The conditions that it went thru just messed things up. We hope. God bless you and your sister. Hope she recovers soon.

Eagle Hawk 09-03-2011 11:20 AM

Everyone tells me I am nuts for doing this, but whenever I mail quilts I always insure them for at least $300. I have had the good luck of nothing happening to them, but I always worry about them and the insurance gives me minimal piece of mind for all the work, time, and expense I have put into them. I sure do hope they find the quilt. What a wonderful thing to give when someone has cancer.

MarieM 09-03-2011 01:21 PM

Did you send it parcel post or priority? I sent one from MT to TN in December to a friend who was retiring I thought it was lost...5 1/2 weeks later it arrived...don't give up hope it still may show up. Next time I will send priority w/tracking.

FYI, as for insurance if you have to make a claim you have to have receipts showing the cost. So you'd have to have receipts for the fabric, batting etc. but you don't get anything for the time you spent making the quilt.

Keep us posted.

quiltymom 09-03-2011 04:29 PM

Prayers hoping they find it!!!

ging10ging 09-03-2011 04:40 PM

I bet with that storm it got sent to a safer place and they just haven't come across the pkg yet. Those storms hold a lot up. I'll pray they find it for you. Good Luck. Sue

Quiltmaniac2010 09-03-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bamamama
It showed up late yesterday!!!! So happy!

Doing a happy dance for you!!

Maggie_Sue 09-03-2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltmaniac2010

Originally Posted by bamamama
It showed up late yesterday!!!! So happy!

Doing a happy dance for you!!

Me too!!! Happy ending!!!

momto5 09-03-2011 05:23 PM

I am SO sorry that happened...but keep the faith! It just might turn up!

wvdek 09-03-2011 05:56 PM

Yeah, back where it belongs.