Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Lover's knot quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/lovers-knot-quilt-t119930.html)

bgullett 04-30-2011 05:00 PM

I have that pattern and want to make it for my neice. Haven't started it yet, but love how it will look!

Rose L 04-30-2011 05:01 PM

I can't advise you. I have never taken a quilting class of any kind. I learn by trial and error and so far the errors have been few thank goodness ;)

Lori S 04-30-2011 05:03 PM

The Eleanor Burns pattern/book is really very straight forward. If you really question wether or not you should take the class.... Don't . The book has ALOT of great detail instructions .. .and if you got stuck on a few things .. we are here to help you through it.
Her books are some of the best written directions and I always recommend them for quilters who need the most complete directions possible or just lack the confidence to tackle a project.

Nana2Sew 04-30-2011 05:04 PM

I made Lover's Knot placemats using the Eleanor Burns book...just to see how difficult the pattern was to make. Love them!
I find that when I take a class, I will finish making the project.

Dolphyngyrl 04-30-2011 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nana2Sew
I made Lover's Knot placemats using the Eleanor Burns book...just to see how difficult the pattern was to make. Love them!
I find that when I take a class, I will finish making the project.

Thats kind of what I was thinking, might help me get done faster, more motivation

quilting cat 04-30-2011 07:00 PM

I made a lover's knot quilt about 3 years ago. It is sort of like one half of a log cabin (two sides, not four). I found it goes pretty quickly, so not to worry about overloading time.

justflyingin 04-30-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
I had planned to make a lover's knot quilt this year, bought all the fabric with my christmas money. However am so overloaded with projects that are in progress. My LQS just so happens to be offering a lovers knot class in july. Should I take it and add it to the list of already too many projects. I already work fulltime and have a rambunctious toddler on my days off. Am I biting off more than I can chew. What would you do?

How many times does the class meet?

Will it be something that you look back on and regret (if you don't take the class)?

If so, take the class (esp. if it meets only one or two times). Otherwise, put it on hold. You seem young and (probably) have more time. Just put it on your list of things to do.

connie_1936 04-30-2011 10:15 PM

lets face it, we love them but need me time. go for the class. have fun.

AliKat 04-30-2011 10:38 PM

I have taken classes and been glad for the learning opportunities, the inspiration, and the comraderie. I tend to finish most class projects.

I have not taken some classes and then later regretted it.

If you can do it ... then do it and count it as quilt therapy.

ali

janedee 04-30-2011 10:52 PM

I made this for my daughters wedding quilt from the book lovely to make and not as difficult as it looks - lovely to take a class though as Nana2Sew said you are more likely to complete it